Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Busy Monday, August 18 -- Very Late Edition


Today's Yesterday's 'To-Do' List
Wondering what happened to me? Well Monday was an uber busy day this was what I had to try and take care of along with what sprung up suddenly. 
  • Get kids to bus 6:40 & 7:15 -- Brielle misses bus at 7:15 so drive out to drop her off at the High School
  • Go to work 8am-1pm due to missed bus 8:15-1:15
  • Pick up babysitter for the evening since he does not drive so out to a little town called Thurston
  • Pick up Brielle from the High School
  • Have Brielle to Orthodontist by 2:20 (we just made it)
  • Drop babysitter off at the house
  • Got to the ATM ... then try to reverse out of the ATM as it was broken and had to wait to go through the drive through window transaction process
  • Go pick up Katherine out at the county school
  • Drive back to pick up Brielle from Orthodontist ... she wasn't quite done so we had to sit there for a bit
  • Got home about 3:30pm
  • Got changed and went through the list of things that needed to be done with the babysitter. 
  • Peter got home & then we had to wait for the other folks we were going to the concert with.
  • I think we left out of the house about 4:30 -- myself, my husband, 2 of our dear friends and one of our friends mother and we headed to Nashville, TN
  • We got down to Broadway street and got some dinner. 
  • 7:30 we got into the concert building for Tori Amos
  • We got home at 1am. 

It was awesome to be able to see Tori Amos again. The last time I went to one of her concerts I was a teenager! I got to hang out with some really great people... I got a large plastic cup of wine and my husband got me some souvenirs and surprised me with them! 
It was total stress for that day and really the weekend prior to it as I thought about how that day was going to be but it all turned out well and with us having plenty of time. 
Menu
After getting back from vacation and our refrigerator breaking down twice -- Yes twice... I kind of went overboard with shopping so this week other than little things like a loaf of bread, milk and things like that I will be trying to eat out of the house. You'll notice a lot of things from a few weeks ago because due to when the kids and I left for our trip, the fridge going out, etc. there was a lot of eating out. 
  • Monday - Eat Out
  • Tuesday - Eat Out -- Katherine's Birthday!!
  • Pulled Pork
  • Tacos
  • Spaghetti
  • Pizza
  • ?? Chicken of some sort I've got some in the freezer to use up. 



This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Today: Write this blog
  • Today: Make menu
  • Today: Lunch with Husband
  • Today: Grocery Shopping
  • Today: Buy School Supplies
  • Today: Order Katherine's Birthday Cake
  • Today: Buy Birthday Supplies
  • Oil Change for Van (never got to it last week)
  • Go to the gym at least once... Okay I'm going to make once a goal things have been NUTS!
  •  Clean up around the house 
  • Mow - 1/2 done today got the front
  • Saturday Birthday Party for Katherine


Last Week

Wednesday, was the first day of school for the kids!! Also, looked through patterns and went down and bought the pattern that Katherine wanted for her halloween outfit (little did I know that this would be one heck of an undertaking)


Thursday, it was a pretty average day. I went to work and then I got Katherine from after school and drove her home and then waited for Brielle to get home so she could watch her sister so I could drive my van down to the shop to have the alternator worked on. I dropped off my van and then Peter came and picked me up after he got off of work. 

Friday, it was pretty much a normal work day other than I did get off of work early and then I picked up Katherine early instead of her staying in After School. Katherine and I went down to Jo-Ann Fabrics
 and after 2 hours of trying to debate about fabric we picked out the fabric for her Halloween outfit. 
Peter decided to go to Friday Night Magic so it was just the girls and myself. I went to go fix some Hamburger Helper for dinner and after I got the water, spices, pasta and beef all together I went for milk and found out someone drank all the milk without telling me! No one will fess up to it either!! Thankfully from baking bread I had dried milk around the house and while I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out I mixed it up as direct (doesn't smell very good) and used that for the Hamburger Helper. There weren't any complaints thankfully! My dried milk is well past it's sell by date but the thing about dried milk is that if you get the non-fat dried milk that is individually packaged and keep it in an even temp room and out of direct sunlight the stuff darn near lasts indefinitely.  
I started cutting out the fabric for Katherine's outfit. A lot of ironing and pinning and with me having loopy carpet area only to cut on it made it very difficult... in fact it made some of my pieces cut wrong I've been having to adjust as I go to try and make it work. 
Oh also I drove Pete's car around and the check engine light came on again! It happens everytime I drive his car! And the engine code has the same part breaking again!! I did eventually get my van back that day. 

Saturday, Peter had to work half the day. I took Katherine to Pokemon League with Brielle in tow. Peter met us over there after he got off of work. Peter was bummed that Guardians of the Galaxy was already out of 3D that was something he really wanted to do so I told him to check Evansville (a town about an hour away) since they have an IMAX and such. They still had it in 3D so the command decision was made and we all went to our very first IMAX experience and then got dinner out at Golden Corral after and complained that we ate too much. 
Before we left for the IMAX though I needed more fabric for Katherine's dress I had been doing a lot of math and figures because the fabric she wanted to use was of the wrong size width plus it was really expensive. We finally found a less expensive fabric she okayed. I had also forgotten the interfacing so we had to get that also. 
  

Sunday it rained... and we got a hole in our roof!! So during a lull Peter and I ran out there and Peter got on the roof and thought he found the spot so ran out to buy some roofing glue stuff and we had some flashing so we had to cut that and put it under the tile. Hopefully that was the problem. I spent the rest of the day working on sewing instead of doing what I should have been which was cleaning.

Which shout out about my baby girl Katherine... today is her 10th! Birthday!!

My goofy girl will always be my baby!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you had a busy Monday indeed! I've been worried that my youngest is going to miss the bus with the change in the school start time but so far we've managed it. What a nice thing for your husband to do, surprising you with stuff from the concert like that. Hope your daughter had a wonderful 10th birthday!

    ReplyDelete