Monday, March 9, 2015

Busy Monday, March 9


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Get everyone out of the house on time... Yup I put this down as something accomplished after another LONG break getting up at the right time is an accomplishment. 
  • B-12 Shot @ Hospital
  • Lunch with Hubby
  • Groceries
  • Brielle's Orthodontist Appointment
  • PTO Homework Diner

Menu

  • Monday - Homework Diner
  • Tuesday - Breaded Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
  • Wednesday - Chicken Nuggets & French Fries/Fish Sticks & Tater Tots
  • Thursday - Tacos
  • Friday - Eat Out - Peter & Kat have to be out the door by 5:45 and I have to get Katherine ready for the Daddy Daughter Dance so yes taking the easy way out on this one.
  • Saturday - Pizza
  • Sunday - Eat Out - Yup eating out again it's my birthday that day so it's family tradition to go out to eat.

This Week's 'To-Do' List

Sunday was Daylight savings... I'm still grumbling over that one. I didn't get to bed until midnight because I just wasn't ready so I guess that means I'll be pretty tired for tonight. 

Monday well... See the list above.

Tuesday-Thursday is pretty standard nothing planned but I will be going over Katherine's clothes with her and see if she wants/needs a new dress for what will be her last Daddy Daughter dance and how she is on the shoes and tight situation so I'm guessing there will be a shopping trip somewhere in there.

Friday is the Daddy Daughter dance. (I need to get FNM off the list since Peter can't very well be in two places at once). We'll be busy doing hair, makeup and other girly stuff. I'm guessing another haircut probably earlier that week too will be in order for at least Katherine (truthfully it wouldn't hurt for me to get one either). 

Saturday is just family time though I may go out and see some friends for a drink for an early birthday celebration. Nothing set in stone I'm not too worried about it one way or the other.

Last Week

Oh goodness last week got weird. So I worked Monday-Wednesday. I was going to work Thursday but the people over me got it confused and told HR I would be out Thursday too so I kind of crammed most of my time into Tuesday and Wednesday because I only had put in a couple hours Monday not knowing that was going to happen. This past week was suppose to be my DC trip. Key thing is 'suppose to be'. 
Wednesday they kept the kids out of school for the weather moving in. By time I left work Wednesday my car was coated in ice from the freezing ran. Then the snow came. We got 11" of snow fall which doesn't say much about how high the snow drifts got.
Thursday I spent a good part of the day just getting the walkway and half the driveway shoveled and then I called it good enough after that. It was so bad Peter had to have a friend come pick him up that had a 4-wheel drive because we live down a private drive with only 2 other houses so the plows don't come down it... ever...

Needless to say our Washington DC trip was postponed and Brielle's trip to Huntsville, AL was rescheduled. It is a good thing too I was watching videos and seeing pictures of I-64 in Kentucky where people were stuck in the cars for insanely long times and the National Guard had to come out to help and they were getting people out of cars to get them to go to a hotel and towing the cars off the interstate... It was a mess! I feel blessed that the call was made to postpone all trips.

So there I was with a menu meant for only Peter & Brielle for 3 days. Things got interesting. We did get out Tuesday night and I had picked up some premade chicken cordon blue that was good... spendy but good though our real reason to go out was I wanted hamburger from Sam's... guess why we bought chicken? Yup they were out of hamburger.
We weathered through alright I tried another new recipe called "Impossibly Easy Pizza Bake" which is basically a Pizza casserole using bisquick as the 'dough'.
It was pretty quick and kids and Peter seemed to enjoy it. I actually just happened to have around all the stuff for it which is why it got made.
I was being very stubborn not to go out driving on the roads Thursday and Friday so I started piecing together meals and our cabinets are looking a bit bare even of things we've had sitting in there for a long time. I was out on the roads Wednesday because of work and then a friend needed a ride but after I had to honk my horn as I slid through a red light that was the end of me going on the roads. I know how to handle myself in ice but coming down a hill even at less than 10mph well I would have needed another 50 ft minimum how I was sliding on that ice.

I tried to do some sewing Friday and it was all going horribly... if it could go wrong it was going wrong to the point some patch items became trash items. At that point I put away my stuff and refused to touch it again. I need to get back to it soon though I've got a lot of fabric ready to be used and I just haven't been doing it.

Saturday Peter & I went out that evening to see some friends for a little while. It's nice having a teenager so you can step out for a little while without dragging the kids every time. -- Though we were late going out I was getting a bit irate with Peter he had gone out to play cards earlier in the day and kept saying he'd be home early... this after I had to call one of the other guys because Peter had his ringer off which was a bad thing since he was on call.

Sunday Peter and I did some running around and I picked up some planting soil I needed and I got 124 seed pods planted, 2 indoor containers also and I'm still not done. I did something different this year though instead of multiple seeds in case one doesn't come up I have such a hard time thinning things that I did one seed and figured if I get half to come up then I'm in good shape and I won't have to thin things.
Also Sunday we received a flat of strawberries that we had ordered from a fundraiser. I expect sometime this week I'm going to be very busy processing strawberries to get them froze, dehydrated, or ate.

I think that is pretty much the jist of things. I'm starting to feel bad I haven't posted up a craft project for awhile now. I haven't felt much inspiration lately so I hope that changes at some point.

Have a great week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment