Monday, January 18, 2016

Jessica's Chili Mac

Jessica's Chili Mac


So my friend Jessica always makes a Chili Mac for Halloween and we've always enjoyed it. With the cold weather hitting I decided I wanted chili again but the chili mac sounded good this time so I asked her if I could have her recipe which come to find out it had been her mother's recipe so she was happy to see other people enjoy it. So it is with her permission I post this up.

I deviated a little from the directions she gave me so I'll put up how I made it but I didn't deviate much we just like more spice in our family.

1 lb Hamburger meat
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 can Diced Tomatoes (I used the Chili ready ones something with some peppers)
1 bag elbow macaroni
1 pgk Mild Chili Seasoning (I think I might go for hot next time)
2 Cans Chili Beans (I used Hot she suggested Mild so just whatever suits your family)
Dehydrated onion flakes (or you could put real onion in, I was being lazy)
Chili Powder - I added this at the end like I said it was just a tad bland for us so that helped it out for us you'll just have to experiment and see.
3 1/2-4 cups water

Cook hamburger meat, drain fat.
Combine all ingredients in pot.
Bring to boil. Stir regularly so it doesn't burn to the bottom. Reduce heat and let simmer until noodles are done.
That is pretty much it. I found when eating it directly the beans are a bit more firm than I like but lid on heat off (because it was like lava hot it keeps heat in well) it cooks the beans in its own heat and within no time even that's not an issue.

It fed myself, my two teenage girls and my prego friend and her 18 month old until the point of near bursting and left some left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment