Monday, September 12, 2016

Busy Monday, September 12

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Write this Blog
  • Make a Menu
  • Make a Shopping List
  • Cleaning
  • Fasting Blood Test (Yes, I'm functioning without coffee this morning but just barely.)
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Shopping
  • Work on Fall Cleaning (I was looking back at my old blog posts for Fall Cleaning back in 2013! I don't think I could write things up any better but do have a different plan of attack this year.)
  • Monthly B-12 Injection at the hospital
Menu
  • M - Tacos (Not exactly what I want but Brielle has left overs from this weekend that MUST be ate today so that's where things are)
  • T - Spaghetti w/Meatballs
  • W - Dinner Out for Brielle's Birthday
  • T - BBQ Pork Sandwiches 
  • F - Pizza
  • S - S - ? Again I'm confused by the weekend. I figure Saturday probably end up eating out. Sunday I have no clue. We've had company a lot over the weekends which means extra mouths to feed but not always so it does make it hard to plan ahead. 
This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • Work/School for family through week. 
  • Cleaning throughout week. 
  • Tuesday, Well Child appts for both kids.
  • Wednesday, Brielle turns 16!! With all the headaches of raising a teenager I still wonder how this day ever got here so fast! 
  • W-Th This week we will have folks in the house doing construction. We are having new doors put in for the rooms. When we bought this house it was originally a rental. We've spent a lot of money on the outside but now we can't ignore the inside. Most of our doors don't sit correctly any more and some of them never even fit where they went so they wouldn't shut properly. Friend of ours got a bunch of doors at an auction cheep already framed so we are having our doors re-done but we are doing this super cheap at the cheapest bid which normally means there will be things I will be unhappy with and a lot of work left to do after the fact. 
  • Thursday, another appt for Brielle that I'll be taking her to in the afternoon.
  • Friday, Peter will probably be out playing cards again. Maybe things can get call down a little. 
  • Saturday, Brielle has her Birthday Party! She wanted a Dance Party so we told her she could have it in the carport. People were like, "But what if it rains?" Well they have a roof over their head. I am NOT having a whole bunch of kids in my house again. So I told them they could have the party outside only from 7pm-12am. Which by the forecast right now it very well could be raining. 
Last Week

So last Monday was Labor Day and I expected to have an easy day but we ended up going over to Indiana to visit with some friends and go to their county Labor Day Fair. 
It was stupidly hot and humid so we didn't stay very long much to the kids disappointment but the adults had no intention of standing out in it. Even in the shade it was oppressive. 


 Tuesday, Peter and I went for a walk we were trying to get back into the routine but we only went out walking twice this past week. Things have been so busy and we've had company over so often or bad weather that it has really gotten us out of our good habits. 





On Monday, Labor Day my friend's water broke around 3 am and she was in labor for about 22 hours. She literally labored all day on Labor Day to have her sweet little girl Talia at about 1 am the next day. 
We gave them some time to get home and get settled and visited them on Friday. This is my husband holding her. She's so adorable. I have to keep reminding myself they grow up to be teenagers LOL






Oh I also got a letter in last week from Kroger. So As I sit here with $155 in medical bills from that accident I'm now getting notified that they do not deny the accident but the roof was under warranty therefore I'm waiting for word from the roofing company to handle my medical. At least they aren't fighting what happened in the incident. 

---------------

That is where things are at right now. I do suppose I should finally get cleaned up, dressed and out the door to go have this blood drawn so I can finally eat today. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your new background! Hope your blood draw went okay. I remember your Fall cleaning posts, they were great. I should look at those again. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh jeeze the blood draw was a story. They had the office cold and I had fasted for 12 hours so 3 stabs in total between the arms. One hand stab (OMG that hurts) and they pricked my finger trying to milk blood out. We'll see how the results go.
      You have a great week too!

      Delete