Monday, September 26, 2016

Busy Monday, September 26

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Clean
I did the grocery shopping on Sunday so that hopefully will save some time. I'm not feeling too well today truthfully. My throat is real scratchy, nose is running and I have a bit of a headache and my ears are bugging me. I hope it passes soon. 
Menu
  • Grilled Pork, Veggie mix, red potatoes and some corn for Peter and Kat who won't like the mix. 
  • Pork roast (I might do the Pork Loin with Onions I think I might have enough stuff), Mashed Potatoes, Corn/Peas
  • Lasagna
  • Eat at 4-H Tailgate Party
  • Pizza
  • Eat Out on Saturday
  • Tyson Anytiers with French Fries
This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • Monday - Off work though I'm very much considering going into work. I haven't decided yet. I also had to take Brielle into school at 7am and it sounds like this will be a regular Monday thing as she has to go to her class early to take care of things before she can leave to go to National Beta Club. Her Collage course normally starts before school starts so it throws things off but the teacher is working with her. 
  • Tuesday - Work (typ. for week), I have to be down at the H.S. from 4-6pm for Parent Teacher Conferences thus the crockpot meal. 
  • Wednesday is Katherine's Picture day... I need to remind myself to order those online today or tomorrow. 
  • Thursday I have a meeting with Gloria who is my daughter's trama councilor. I'm trying to come to grips with things. People might remember I dropped off the face of the earth a little over a year ago while we dealt with a trama and I never really went into it. I still don't want to go into it because truthfully I don't want to hear "I'd kill them" or "I'm so sorry" because no amount of words can be used. In any case it is time for me to go in for a session and get prepared for what I will hear which I've already heard and I really don't want to hear again of recounts of events. But I'm mom and I'm who my daughter most wants there.
    Thursday evening on a happy note we will be going to the 4-H Tailgate party. I keep trying to get people to show up to it but I get the feeling some folks think of club activities for their kids as a burden which it can feel like because sometimes you just don't want to be out and you just want to be home after a day of work but it's great for the kids and that makes it all worth it. 
  • Friday there is no school for the kids because it is a teacher in service day but Brielle has a field trip she will have to be at the H.S. at 5:30 am and won't be home until about 12 hours later. They are going out to one of the colleges. 
  • Saturday there is the yearly air show which is over the Ohio River and is free so we always go out to it and there is the HWY 60 Yard Sale which is like hundreds of miles of Yard Sales so some friends are having one that we are going to put stuff into. 
  • Sunday.... Day of rest or rather day of catching everything up at home because trying to keep up with the rest of the schedule things are going to fall apart again I'm sure; no matter how much work I do today. 
Last Week


Well first back on the 14th it was my oldest's 16th Birthday! They grow up so quick. And though there are many frustrations with her as there are with raising most teens I still couldn't imagine life without her. Not too much longer and she'll be out of the nest.
No photos we were pretty busy with things. She had a dance party in the carport and thankfully it didn't rain. We let the teenagers do their thing and they ended up in a cupcake toss war and drank 6 2ltrs... Teenagers are scary!




We had another STEM meeting this time down at the park where they have the raptor center for caring for injured raptors (birds of prey). Kristen Allen is our guest speaker yup star of Bandit Patrol on Nat Geo Wild. She's a local here and between seasons of filming things still don't slow down but we are all grateful she took some time to talk to our group.


Things haven't really slowed down the last two weeks for us. It has been run run run. I've done some consignment shopping and then this last weekend was a pre-release for the new Magic the Gathering set. I'm ready for a break but not sure when I'm going to ever manage to get one.

Artifacts Inc. is a game we haven't been able to play yet. I actually won this game from GenCan't. There seemed to be some confusing getting it to me so it's a little late getting here but I'm not complaining. We haven't had a chance to sit down and try it yet as it just came in Friday but I'm really looking forward to it and have started to read the rules. I would love more sit down to play board games time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment