Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Busy Monday, December 9th - Late Edition


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Make Menu
  • Watch Friend's kiddo
  • Pick up around the house


Menu

Well it's on my 'To-Do' list for a reason. I figure we'll have meatloaf today. Maybe chicken with stir fry veggies and rice this week too. Of course Pizza one day and spaghetti would be easy enough. Hamburger helper? I'll figure it out.

This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Update Blog Look (even though I've fallen off the face of the Earth I need to try and do this)
  • Orchestra Christmas Concert (rescheduled to next Monday)
  • 4-H Project Club (Thursday)
  • Pick-up Brielle after school to take to volunteering (all week) 
  • Grocery Shopping - Get baking supplies for the weekend
  • Finish Christmas presents for ladies at work
  • Do STEM club project

Last Week

Well Friday I went into work and my husband stayed home since school was called. We got quite a bit of ice and snow and when I left work and walked over to the other offices I found out they were all locked up apparently everyone else had already gone home.
Thursday I was so nervous about the words 'ice storm' that I went out and bought a generator. It's actually still sitting in the back of my van. I'm on the fence if I want to return it or keep it because I got a good price on it and every year I complain about not having one and being fearful of losing power though over the years the lines have gotten better so we don't lose power near as often as we used to.
Sunday I threw up my hands and said heck with it and started pulling in Christmas decorations. Never mind the fact I never got 100% of fall put away. We managed to get a few things and found out Hulu+ has a fireplace video.

















Monday I stayed home with my kids and a friends kiddo. We watched movies, drank hot cocoa and the kids went to the neighbors yard and went sledding down their iced up dirt hills. This is Katherine and my friend's daughter.


Pretty much that is it other than on Sunday Peter decided we should start cleaning up the shed. Oh and last week I had to make a late night run to buy an auger for it only not to work so we had to call in a plumber. They had to go 115' in our main line to get to the problem which is roots. So yeah our 50' one just wasn't going to cut it. That was our fun last week along with some personal stuff.

With some sort of luck maybe I can get back into my blogging habits. It's just one step at a time. I've also decided to try starting my hormone pills once winter break starts and I go on vacation so I don't have to worry about that. I'm very worried about this but I'm trying to just step up my meds which is okay with my doctor unlike what the nurse practitioner had me do. So if I start getting really down, depressing, the world is coming to an end here in a couple weeks you know why. I'd really try to avoid that but I can't afford avoiding my medication forever and until we find the correct meds for me you can expect a bit of a roller coaster so I ask forgiveness up front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment