Monday, December 16, 2013

Busy Monday, December 16


Today's 'To-Do' List

  • Menu
  • Shopping
  • Laundry
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Survive Work
  • Brielle's Orchestra Fundraiser Concert
  • Pick up supplies for STEM project (due Wednesday)


Menu
  • Monday & Tuesday - Eat Out
  • Wednesday - Spaghetti w/Meatballs
  • Other days - ????

This Week's 'To-Do' List
Well this week we have an Orchestra concert today that was scheduled for last week but due to the weather they moved it so we have to have Brie down to the high school by 5:30. 
Another concert is tomorrow and I'm not even sure on the time and location! I'm so disorganized around here! Also on Tuesday is the After School Christmas party so we aren't 100% on how we are going to handle that. 
Wednesday is the 4-H STEM club meeting and I volunteered to bring  the snacks for that so I need to make sure to pick something up when I go shopping today. We also have a project for STEM I meant to have the girls do over the weekend but that didn't happen so some how we have to fit that into today and tomorrow! EEP!! I told you I was disorganized. Wednesday Katherine also has a big science test at school so we have to fit in studying. 
Thursday is the kids last day of school before the break and after words I will take Brielle down to Christmas Wish to volunteer. I'm sad she hasn't been able to the last few days but school schedule has made that impossible. So that will go on that night and probably a good part of Friday so she can at minimum get her volunteer hours for  Honor's Society. -- Oh and it's work's Holiday Party so I need to get a desert for that. 

Last Week

Last week was a lot of running around because of Brielle's volunteering but also the girls had 4-H Project Club on Wednesday. They made Trivits ... not sure what that is? Basically a floor tile with paper/pictures/etc glued on.



Friday Brielle had a dance we didn't know she was going to the dance until Thursday! Needless to say we had to scramble!
What happens when you have to scramble? Well first you end up at Walmart at 9pm with your daughter and marvel at how there are no dressy clothes for juniors and thank your lucky stars there is such thing as 14/16 clothing.
You buy shoes a quarter size too big because you remember at the last dance your child was between shoe sizes also  and got blisters and the shoes because not even a full 1 time use item.
You walk the aisles over looking for stuff that apparently hasn't been invented... like Christmas hairpieces!

Day of the dance I tried to paint my daughters nails I saw this cute pin on pinterest of snowflake nails. Yeah I'm really not any good at painting nails!
We put her hair up into a bun and then it just needed something so I pulled out the bag of dollar store items I bought for the girls to make a wreath later and pinned one to her head!

She did at least have fun at the dance and while she didn't have an uber fancy dress for the formal she got another lesson in being frugal that for the cost of 1 dress over at Macy's which is where she had wanted to go we got a dress, jewelry, a hair bun thing (which actually other than a few things over all they work well for the main shape), shoes, nylons, heel pads and candy canes!



Well that's all the important stuff I guess I can cover for now. Life is moving on for me. I'm still not on all my meds I'm holding off a little longer before I start the next item and am trying to offset things enough to have a better go around than the last time. It's been very hard to remember all my pills so sometimes I am a little late but I've been keeping up even though it does keep me feeling very ill along with other details I'll be nice and not share out. My plan is to get out Christmas shopping this week. I've been running around or so ill that going out isn't a big option to the point I didn't even go to the grocery store last week and sent my husband out to buy odds and ends. Anyways one way or another just pushing ahead! EEP and now I'm running late for work! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment