Monday, June 16, 2014

Busy Monday, June 16


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Write this Blog 
  •  Mow Front and Back yard
  • Write Menu
  • Lunch with Husband
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Pull peas & plant beans
  • Finish washing Laundry
  • Move items from attic into kids' room. -- We never got to this last week
  • Talk with Lowes about getting insulation ordered & waiting for hopefully Wednesday. We never got new siding on this past weekend because last weeks rain put our contractor behind schedule.

Menu

  • Lean Pockets - Yes being lazy
  • Grilled pork w/garlic herb rub, baked potato & some sort of veggie
  • Lloyd's Pulled Pork (not bothering making it myself for just myself and my husband (curses and I forgot to purchase buns today))
  • Hamburger Helper
  • Pizza
  • Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and some sort of veggie
  • Spaghetti w/meatballs


This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Order insulation
  •  Clean up around the house
  • Spray weed killer in the many various places it needs it. 
  • New siding & ceiling insulation may start this weekend depending on Contractor.(Anyone else notice how many things I have left from last week....)
I'm sure there is more stuff but truthfully I'm pretty tired so it hasn't come to mind. 


Last Week

So Monday I did not go into work but decided to stay home and try and take care of some things. Truthfully I can't even tell you what I all did since it all became kind of a blur to me.
Tuesday when I went into work I got pretty slammed so for the rest of the week I was working over my quitting time and my supervisor had to keep coming into my office to remind me what time it was so that I would go home.


Tuesday after work I went by the farmers market for the first time in several years. I wasn't overly impressed though that may be because I had to do it after work which means many things may have been sold. This is apparently 1 lb of red potatoes and 2 onions and just that cost me $3. I like supporting local farms but sometimes it takes quite the toll on the pocket book.
After I went to the farmers market I made it a point to go down to the gym and work out since the last few weeks have been so rough that I haven't been doing that. I also did that Thursday and of course as soon as I got in my new pedometer from Humana had come in the mail. The goal is 10k steps per day! You actually would be surprised how annoyingly hard that can be some days especially if you have an at the desk job. 

Peter getting an autograph
from the voice actor of GIR
Starting on Friday Peter and I were at the OMGCon which if you don't know what that is that's okay! Most people wouldn't. It's a smaller convention focused on Anime. 
Peter was there Friday from opening and I got there around 1 o'clock after I got off of work. 
We spent the rest of the weekend from 9am to 11pm-1am at the convention just driving back home a few times a day to check on the pets. Thankfully the convention this year moved to our town which is why this is the first year we've gone to it. 
We went to several panels and went through the shops drinking what I like to call marble soda. It's a japanese soda that instead of having a cap like we are used to it uses a marble to seal it that you have to pop down. 


My new backpack. It's Happy from an anime called Fairytail.



Pikachu 3 car! 
Peter being a dork.


I had to make this picture big for y'all because it is too cool! This man made his 'chainmail' out of pop tabs from cokes and such! He said it was a real pain and it is much heavier than it looks!

This hall is full of video games. Tables and tables of TV's
hooked into Xbox's, playstations, etc.


There were a lot of people cosplaying.
Lots of shopping this a very narrow
 view of just a few shops. 







This last one was a dance Party we went to Saturday Night. Having it on the 3rd story floor was probably not a smart idea. I wasn't bouncing... the floor was! I heard later from people in late night panels that the whole building was moving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment