Monday, June 23, 2014

Busy Monday, June 23


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Write this Blog 
  • Write Menu
  • Lunch with Husband
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Laundry
  • Take van to mechanicThe van is down at the shop I've been coming home suffering from heat exhaustion from just the short drive from work to home so I really need to get the AC repaired. It'll take them 2 days so for now my husband and I are doing the car shuffle. 
  • Contractors in to work on siding <<All day event>>
  • Cat's Litter Box
  • Other household chores -- My husband says I need to write myself another list since I do better with lists. Of course at the time my only thought was... yeah and you need to stop playing video games and help. <<Thank goodness he doesn't read this.>> In any case we will see where I get to. 


Menu

  • Lean Pockets
  • Hamburger Helper
  • Pizza
  • Tacos
  • Breakfast for Dinner
  • Steak w/Baked Potato
  • Hamburgers
As always my menu is never in any order and yes there are veggies thrown in there I just haven't decided on what kind yet. 


This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Go to the gym at least twice.
  •  Clean up around the house
  • Sweep up attic space from blown in insulation and see how much room they left me for storage.
  • Buy larger storage tots to combine items and lessen confusion. (Put it this way my husband started throwing things down from the attic because he didn't know one had a porcelain doll in it since it was so light... 
  • Clean the fridge. - Today I cleaned out stuff from the fridge but I need to scrub out the whole thing. Maybe I'll get to that today but I want to set the bar so high I fail.  
  • Continue to dust around the house... You'll see why. 


Last Week

So last Wednesday construction started on the house. It took them 3 days to get the insulation all put in. We went the weekend with no siding on the house. We had aluminium siding on half the house and that stuff is not replaceable and then we found out our vinyl siding had been painted so there was no matching the color so we've ended up going way over budget and having all the siding replaced on the house. 
During the course of the insulation EVERYTHING got covered with the blown in stuff. It's all over the yard, in all the flower beds and when they did the attic though I know they tried to control stuff it got all over the house. I've been having to do a LOT of dusting. This was our air filter! 




Last week I got together with one of my friends and we went out to starbucks and had sat around for the evening. I had a skinny iced mocha without whip topping. See I was being a good girl... which is really hard to do because you don't realize how many calories are in things like mochas or even shaved ice! 

This weekend Peter and I went to the Botanical Garden for the big balloon event they do every year. This was the first year I've been able to go so I was really happy about being able to. 
I got to see all the pretty flowers but also the damage left over from this last winter not even at the botanical garden could they come out of the deep freeze this year without damage. The daylilies were thriving everywhere though. 
Now here's a laugh. Peter and I both have a phobia of heights but I wanted to go up in the hot air balloon. They had a tethered one so it didn't go super high and was a short ride and we went on it! It didn't bother my husband and I at all! It was really neat and I totally want to shoot for a longer, higher ride sometime! 
There was a live cover band playing on a stage and Peter got Kettle Corn which he loves and I got some flavored shaved ice. 
During the evening paper balloons were sent up and Peter and I even got to light one and let it go up. It was beautiful to see all those specks of light. 
I took a ton of pictures but here is just a few. 









Well that's all I can remember right now. Oh and before someone gets on me... no things did not go as smoothly as they sound in this I had a rollercoaster of a time this past week but I survived it and truth be told can't remember what I was stressing about... well other than money but I'm sorry with the van being as it is and the whole construction on the house I'd be silly not to be stressed about that. 


Oh and one last thing... I decided to play with decorative glass pebbles and an old candle jar. All I have to say is lots of hot glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment