Today's 'To-Do' List
Write this Blog
- Write Menu
- Grocery Shopping
- Make sure the kids go through all their clothes so we can start making a back to school wish list
- ... Truthfully no bloody clue. I'm going to have to dig through ads. We are not very stocked we cleared the fridge before vacation, we just had a weekend of a houseful of unexpected guests too so our pantry and freezer are looking a little sad too.
Hopefully next week I'll be more organized!
This Week's 'To-Do' List
- Take the van to the mechanic Tuesday.
- Go to the gym at least twice. - I've totally slacked on this and need to get back on it one way or another even if it's just swimming with the kids.
- Clean up around the house
- Get luggage into attic - Have to wait on my husband for this I found out I have an extreme allergy to our insulation and it causes me to break out in hives.
Perhaps I should say the last weeks! It's been crazy it really has!
Peter and I went to the Ren Fair one weekend with some friends of ours. It was very hot and humid and a few times I tried to collapse from it so there was much drinking of water and of course home brewed root beer
|My turkey leg lunch! It was HUGE needless to say I could not finish it!!|
|Our knight we were cheering for. The poor horse didn't want to get up and go but we found out later that the horse was 21! Which is pretty darn old for a horse! All of the horses for the Ren Fair are rescue horses! Pretty darn awesome!|
So as you know the A/C in my van didn't work the compressor was out and it needed some other parts changed. So about $1100 later and a week without my van I finally get my van back after playing the car shuffle with Peter and I have an A/C! Awesome! We get the kids from the airport before vacation and get all the way to N.C. for a couple days on the beach.
While in N.C. Hurricane Arthur had other ideas and we lost a day but at least we were not evacuated which was a very real possibility and if we had been up at Nagg's Head like we normally are then we would have been.
Where we were at though had their fireworks scheduled for Thursday the 3rd instead of on the 4th so of course we were not having fireworks during a hurricane so on the 4th we drove inland to a small community and went to their fireworks display. It was a very nice area without a bunch of tourists like we were and people were out having picnics and it was just a generally nice time.
|The kids got their faces painted and got balloon animals from a clown.|
|We all shared some funnel cake.|
|We watched a very pretty and very good fireworks displayed.|
|Peter cutting up a limb in my messy backyard (person we hired to come clean up the yard never has shown up. Never pay upfront for services!|
Here are some other pictures though from my vacation.
(Dairy Queen at Topsail)
(The drive home coming through the Smokies)
Picture from last week of the kids washing the car.
We also had a full weekend long sleep over with two of their friends I just haven't uploaded any pictures but they washed my van for me. Any excuse to get into the water since it's been so hot and humid recently.