Monday, July 21, 2014

Busy Monday, July 21


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Write this Blog 
  • Write Menu
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Laundry
  • Lunch with Peter
  • School Supply Shopping with the Kids. - I have a $15 voucher from Staples because they couldn't fill my order that I had placed with them which of course upset me so I brought it up to them and they decided to compensate me. Works for me. I still think companies should be able to fill the orders but it is what it is and they did a lot more for me then some companies would so they've saved face.

Menu
Well things I had planned for last week didn't happen last week. Thankfully that was only really one real day that was totally off and we still ate out of the house.
  • Chicken Curry, rice, peas
  • Pulled Pork & Chips
  • Spaghetti
  • Turkey w/gravy, mashed potatoes, corn
  • Pizza
  • Banquet Country Chicken Bake (kid requested)
  • Cheese Stuffed Chicken (kids went through cookbook), stuffing & green beans



This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Decide when I'm going on vacation. -- My cousin's wedding is coming up and I wanted to take the kids to go see my grandfather and other family up in South Dakota. It wasn't exactly a trip I 'planned' so I'm having to figure out how to juggle my vacation time. I have to make the decision ASAP!
  • Go to the gym at least twice. - I haven't accomplished this even once in the last couple weeks but I'm going to keep putting it down. Though I am a bit demotivated since my pedometer has gone missing. 
  •  Clean up around the house 
  • Start packing for trip
  • Finish cabinet door craft


Last Week

Tuesday... So my car A/C went out again and I took it into a new shop. Well it turned out it looks like it is not electrical but the chinese part keeps breaking on a sensor switch so if this one breaks again we will need to get a hold of the dealership and get an actual 'real' replacement. The guy at this other shop only charged us $40 and even showed me where the part he replaced was and explained how it worked and talked to me about some other engine noise which I had been wondering about. Needless to say another part I need to replace and probably should do it before I take this drive but Pete hasn't really talked to me much about it. Thankfully I have roadside assistance if need be. 

Wednesday, I was at work and just checking Facebook real quick and I saw a posting from a custom cabinet store we have used. They had 250 thermal wrapped mdf cabinet doors for free!! So after work I called Brielle to let her know I was going to be late and I drove out the half hour it takes to get to the shop and while I didn't find any doors that would fit my kitchen cabinets like I had hoped I did grab a bunch to do crafts with. 

Thursday after work I took the girls down to the library since I had a book that was overdue so I wanted to take care of that and pick up another book (The last one I had since the beginning of April I think it was I just haven't had time to read). I showed Brielle how to talk to the people there because she needed to find a new series but really liked the last series she read so I showed her if you just ask the people there will be more than happy to help you look up authors and series of books that are similar in ways to other authors or series. 

Friday... Earlier in the week a friend of mine gave me box upon box of old candle jars with wax in them. I've got all sorts of different scents of wax now. I ended up Friday having time to process 3 jars of the wax. Lemon bar! My house smelled amazing!

Saturday all morning we were busy on the yard and the house.  We had to get ready for a big cookout. It wasn't suppose to get that big but it did. I think at our peak we had 20-21 people (including us)! We cooked out a bunch of food, set off fireworks and then amazingly the kids all played and the grownups got to sit around and talk!! It was a wonderful night as we all told stories of things our kids have done or stupid stuff we did as kids. Brielle had a friend spend the night also. 

Sunday we realized that in our wild and crazy party (not really but it sounds good) our toilet seat broke so Peter and I went out to buy a new toilet seat. We then went to the game shop so Peter could pick up a couple packs of cards and then we went over to Jo-Ann's because I'm thinking of things to do with these cabinet doors that I got. After coming home I sat around for awhile and pouted and then pushed myself out the door and went to goodwill and a couple different dollar stores. I came home and started a cabinet door project. It isn't quite done yet I realized I better put in the hanging hooks before attaching everything else because with the doors being mdf they may need more pressure to screw things in. 





No comments:

Post a Comment