Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Crockpot Tuesday

Well it's Tuesday meaning I have Bellydancing Class tonight. I try to make dinner simple and fast because I normally don't have time to eat before I go to class but I have to make sure the family is fed and I try to do this to take the pressure off my husband so things like me getting out once a week don't annoy him.

Tonight is BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with a recipe I through together some time back and it's done well for me.

2lb Pork Loin (I've done a 1 lb too and I don't adjust things it just means you'll have more liquid in the end)
1/2 C Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 C BBQ Sauce (I normally use a Tradition Hunts)
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
3 Dashes of ground clove
a few Dashes of dried red pepper
1 tsp minced garlic

Cook for 8 hrs on low. Remove lid then pull apart pork with a fork (I generally use a knife too just to make it go a bit quicker). Done. If you want (which I generally do but it is not needed) add additional premade BBQ sauce to taste.

Stay warm folks! We are having a Wintery Mix here.

2 comments:

  1. That dinner sounds really good and seems easy enough. I bet a bellydancing class would be fun although I think I'd be a bit too timid to try that one--good for you! I hope you enjoyed your night out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wouldn't call it a night out just an hour once a week for exercise mostly. But thanks and yes I love anything I can throw in a crock pot and walk away from without worrying. This always looks like it is too little sauce I normally pour a bit at the bottom of the pan before putting the meat in and then pour the rest on top (fat side of the loin up of course) and I never had a problem with it. :)

      Delete