Thursday, June 30, 2016

40 Clove Chicken


40 clove Chicken... yes 40 cloves of garlic! Vampires will never come near you again!
Truthfully though all this garlic slow simmered in the crock pot it really doesn't overwhelm like you would think it would.
This actually pretty slow carb depending on what you put as a side and low sodium.

Servings: 6

3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

Salt & Pepper - optional and to taste
1 TB Olive Oil
40 cloves garlic
4 stalks celery, sliced
1/4 + 2 TB cup dry white wine (the 2 TB you can use something else like vermouth but I couldn't find any in town)
2 TB fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of red pepper flake
Juice and Peel of 1 lemon - I zested my lemon peel in personally.

Season chicken with salt & pepper if desired. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides approx. 3-5 min. Remove to crock pot.

Add garlic, celery, wine parsley, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes to the chicken in the crock pot and then coat the chicken well and good in it. (If you find it easier you can coat the chicken in a bowl first but I hate extra dishes.)

After chicken is well coated sprinkle lemon juice and peel over the chicken. Cover and cook on Low. It's suggested 6 hours but you know me I'm too busy for that non-sense so I had it on low for 8 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment