Monday, June 13, 2016

Busy Monday, June 13

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Work
  • Make a menu
  • Groceries
  • Catch up some more around the house... basically whatever I have time for
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Doctor's Office for monthly B-12
  • Fix my prescription. I was tired so I broke the seal but realized they gave me an old prescription that I had VERY bad side effects with. Thank goodness I didn't take it!
Menu
  • Tacos
  • Grilled Chicken w/brussel sprouts & potatoes
  • Spaghetti
  • Pizza
  • Sat-Sun girls and I will be out of town so no plan other than probably eating out those days
This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • Work M-Th for me, Work M-F for hubby, Work (babysitting) Tu-Th for Brielle
  • Clean
  • Pack for trip
  • Friday leave for South Dakota and travel the next few days since it is just myself and the kids. 
Last Week

So was at work in my office and a wasp bit me, stung me and just generally made me loopy and then I took benadryl and then when I was waiting in the car for the kids to get home from camp I passed out asleep and was late after getting their early for picking them up but not insanely bad late thankfully just a little. It was a rough day.
Friday - Sunday was OMG Con it's an Anime/Video Game convention we go to every year.
Video game room

Making chainmail

Out for dinner




You want to hear the sad thing? I didn't even get a photo of the girls in their cosplay. Brielle enjoyed hers and there were a lot of comments on it but I think Katherine did great with hers too and really enjoyed it also. They also both sat on a panel! This was Brielle's first OMG Con but she knew people from another Con so they were doing an Undertale (don't ask me) panel. They also invited Katherine on it and this was Kat's first Convention ever! So both the girls have done something Peter and I haven't and I'm quite impressed with them. 

So Peter and I went to the masquerade ball. There was some panic there. Peter kept saying, "Oh you'll fit your wedding dress fine." So I never tried it on. He forgets that it was 6+ years ago that I had put it on so night before the convention I put it on and it doesn't fit so we had to change our outfits and masks. We ended up switching masks because there wasn't time to repaint them and then just putting on some formal attire. We 3D printed the masks, Peter put them together and did all the bondo and sanding work and I did all the fine detail painting after they got a good spray of base coat. 
The next night was the "Dance Party" since they don't like it called a rave. It was fun as always! 
Katherine got to ride a life sized Toothless! It was pretty awesome! 




















These are some pictures from OMG Con of other folks. I cannot take credit for these those as I really didn't get many pictures due to the nature of how crazy this con was. I want to thank my friend Nikki for giving permission to use these. 




And that is a pretty quick run down from last week. During the week itself the girls were at 4-H camp where they got to do all sorts of things but of course I have no pictures of that just their word that they really enjoyed themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment