Monday, January 6, 2014

Busy Monday, January 6


Well it's 2014 which means we finally survived the holidays. The week of Christmas I was completely laid up with a severe back injury. That's past now and I'm sitting here trying to focus in on the blog. I'm really out of practice. I guess it also doesn't help I slept in today since schools were closed due to the frigid temperatures.
Today's 'To-Do' List

  • Write my blog
  • Dust the living room
  • Look through 2014 seed guide
  • Dishes

Menu
  • Baked Penne
  • Grilled* Chicken & Pasta & Peas
  • Pulled Pork
  • Chicken Bites & French Fries
  • Hamburger Helper
  • Pizza
  • Grilled* Chicken & Rice & Stir fry veggies 

*George Foreman

This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • 4-H Project Club Thursday (still not sure what this month's project is) 
Unsure what else I've really got planned this week. It's all very much in the air. 

Last Week

Oh goodness what was last week? New Years! Boy between only going to work two days last week and then the kids being off school today my days and weeks are completely messed up! 


So New Year's Eve day I took the girls down to the Natural History and Science Museum here in town where they were having a big New Year's party. They were making hats out of old newspaper and party noise makers with beans and paper towel rolls.
I got there early with the girls so the girls got to play with the activity stuff there in the museum. I would have taken the girls no matter what but we actually had free tickets for us to get in so it didn't cost us a thing which is always nice. 
They had a DJ and a balloon drop. 
Right before the countdown they had the 'Science of Cold' which I took the girls to see last year too and they have always enjoyed it. The person doing the experiments shows what liquid Nitrogen can do. So if we think it's cold right now all we have to do is think about how cold THAT is! 


It was a little crazy when the countdown started. I'm not sure how good this video is I took it with my new phone and I haven't quite figured out my phone yet. 
















After the Museum I took the girls out to Panera bread for the first time. I wanted something different than the normal fast food fair we'd normally get after such an outing. The girls actually really enjoyed it and that made me so very happy! 




















That was really the highlight of last week. During New Years we went out and set off some fireworks and the girls played Dance Dance in their room as I hooked up the old PS2 to their TV and Peter and I sat around and watched Anime. We counted down and then we all went to bed. We're such crazy folks over here. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I just tried to comment and it went away? I may have been signed in to my son's account. oops! Second try: Hope you had a nice Christmas despite your injury! I like your blog background pic but it is making me cold LOL. The museum looks fun and I'm glad your girls liked Panera. It is one of my favorites. Your New Year's sounds fun and exciting compared to our "my husband had to wake me up" evening LOL. Here's to a happy and healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete