Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Make Ahead: Baked Penne Spaghetti



So I'm normally at class right now but during the day the teacher contacted us all and said she was very ill so class was canceled so gave me time to throw up another blog. (I think I'm becoming addicted to this blogging thing.)
So here you go, basically a very cheesy spaghetti you can make ahead of time and it takes about 45 min (Oven warm up time and bake time) once you get home and doesn't require you to hover over it so you can do things like help kids with homework.




1 box penne (or any thicker noodle if you prefer different)
1 can of sauce (whatever is your family's favorite will be fine)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Cooked Meatballs






Cook noodles according to box directions. You don't want them super soft though. Al dente.


Drain and rinse with cold water. 








Mix pasta, pasta sauce, meatballs and 1 1/2 cups of cheese together in a large bowl. 

(You can do it in the dish itself but I find it's harder and I tend to spill things because it will fill a 13x9  to near over flowing. If you have a bit bigger baking dish it won't want to over flow but this makes a lot so it's easier just to dirty up another dish.)




Pour mixture into large baking dish (this one is the size up from the 13x9 I'm not sure the measurements) and taking the remain half of cup of cheese and sprinkle it over top. 

I also sprinkled a little bit of oregano and dried parmesan on top. Dried parmesan like you get out of the little craft containers won't melt so keep that in mind. 

You can add whatever cheeses your family likes my family just tends to be a bit picky. (Sadly)

Alternatives would be mixing in pepperoni's to give it more of a pizza like taste (make sure you cut them into quarters so they are bite sized and mix well, you can also cut up your meatballs for the same reason I was just in a hurry). 

Place foil over the top and store in the refrigerator.

To cook: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place foil topped dish into oven for 20 min. Remove foil and cook for 10 min. 

 

2 comments:

  1. So you going to give some details on this other blog you put together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so confused! Other blog I put together?!? Don't tell me I have another one! I truly will become a total blogging addict! :)

      Delete