Monday, April 14, 2014

Busy Monday, April 14


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Write this Blog - In Progress
  • Menu
  • B12 Injection at Hospital
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Groceries
  • Return library books
  • Go down to the Extension Center and get us signed up for the banquet
  • Go to Walmart to buy oatmeal and coffee (sadly only Walmart carries the two brands/items) so this requires a special trip out there. 
  • Purchase items to make Easter Baskets 
  • Pick up Brielle early for Orthodontist Appt. 
Menu

Well I just didn't have time this weekend to sit the kids down and have them pick out a meal to make this week so this week they get off a little from the kitchen. Though my kitchen could probably use the break it is quite the mess to say the least. 
  • Chili Dogs
  • Hamburger Helper w/Peas
  • Cheesy Chicken
  • Banquet (eat-out)
  • Pizza
  • Tacos
  • Sliced Turkey w/gravy, w/Potatoes & Corn


This Week's 'To-Do' List


  • STEM Club
  • Katherine's Dental Appt. 
  • 4-H Banquet 
  • Take children to library to return/check out books
  • Try to get more work done in the yard 


Last Week

It was another stressful week at work and there was one day I was screaming and cussing in my office and am just glad everyone else in my building had left for the day. I think work is trying to kill me lately just with all the silly stuff adding up. 
The kids survived being home all week though they didn't do much it seems other than play on the computers and the DS.
Brielle lost Katherine's draw string bag that Katherine had sewn so Brielle spent the rest of the week pretty bored grounded from a lot of stuff. 


Early this past week Katherine went ahead and released Diggy into the wild. She raised Diggy to be a very sweet bug and I hope Diggy gets to go on lots of adventures in the big world.
I went out and checked on Diggy after work since we just laid his cage over so he could crawl out and Diggy was still in his bedding! I think he would have stayed there forever had we not dumped out his bedding because that's where he was raised.
A very sweet bug. Diggy will be missed.
 So this was the meal that Katherine made last week. It was the Potatoes and Peas and Chicken with a creamy sauce. It was 'interesting'. It wasn't bad by any means and the girls did a good job on making it though I was in there to help a lot with the chopping and such but they did the rest.
Brielle made enchiladas. (To note the girls help each other with each others meals.) She used a soft wrap instead of a corn tortilla so they were kind of gooey but otherwise the girls should be proud of themselves. Other than a few minor questions the girls did it 100% on their own.

 This weekend we put in some serious work on the garden. I made 2 new raised beds and we hauled 1,600 lbs of topsoil (in bags no less!) and then several bags of potting soil and I cleared my composter out of it's soil. Before all this I fabric-ed the area and also go mulch down.  It was a lot of work! I then took the kids out and they bought some pretty stuff for the garden area to make it feel more welcoming.
Katherine got the peas planted and when we get the chance I'm going to get Brielle out there to get the lettuce planted.
Our little garden is starting to come along again. Re-doing the garden area was expensive this year but it's been 4 or 5 years since I gave the garden area some love so it was about time.






 The girls decided I needed to defrost some strawberries and while Peter and I were outside working they decided to bake red velvet cupcakes (with permission of course).
So this is how they did it. Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting and strawberries! Doesn't that look like death by sugar?!

Well lots of stuff happened last week including showing up to a 4-H meeting that was apparently canceled but no one told anyone :P But as it is now I better run and get ready to go down to the hospital. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment