Monday, April 7, 2014

Busy Monday, April 7

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Write this Blog - In Progress
  • Menu
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Groceries
  • Return library books & let Katherine get a new book (She's devouring 200+ page books in around 3 days! Thank goodness for the public library!)
  • Kids are on Spring Break this week so I'm going to be making up chore lists for this week for them while Peter & I are at work. 
    • One task is going through their clothes they need to trim them down and get out what doesn't fit! 
Menu
  • Sloppy Joes and Chips
  • Chicken Nuggets & French Fries? (Not sure on this one.)
  • Kids Menu:
    • Chicken with Peas and Potatoes (It has some sort of sauce on it Katherine found in one of my cookbooks.)
  • Royal Round Beef
  • Pizza
  • Kids menu:
    • Beef Enchiladas
  • Grilled Chicken, Baked Potatoes and Corn on the Cob
*Yes, the children elected to take 2 days to cook this week. They couldn't decide between things so I told them they could have 2 days to cook and they got super excited. 


This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Project Club
  • Work on yard if weather every allows me too. 
  • Help Brielle finish up last Project Clubs project. 


Last Week

Last week was extremely stressful at work. There is so much going on there I really regret ever working because it just seems like I'm cha-chaing back and forth and never really getting anywhere while everyone else is tighter than a top. Truthfully here it is Day 3 of my weekend and I'm still stressed from last week. 

My dentist appointment went okay though it took until the evening for me to feel like I had a lip and a nose again. They said it was just a little spot but it sure felt like they were going to dig into my skull! I'm amazed I have teeth though. I was talking to my mom about it because I didn't have memories of the dentist and yup I only got to go a couple times in my life when I was younger and never when I was older because of lack of insurance. I'm glad that I've been able to provide my kids with dental care and I really hope they start appreciating it instead of me having to gripe to get them in to brush their teeth every morning and every night. 

Peter and I divided and conquered the PTO meetings with him at the school with Katherine and I was at the school with Brielle. That was the first night we ate out. We out a second time last week too. It was just so busy and so stressful for all of us. 

This is Wednesday. The thing about STEM club is that it starts at 4pm! I have to make sure to leave work and go pick up the kids because if they rode the bus then we'd be too late since Brielle's bus doesn't arrive home until LATE. So on STEM club days we are in the car and in the parking lot working on homework trying to get it done since STEM runs us so late into the night.
Ah the joys of having kids in so many activities.

So am I the only one that watched the Duct Tape channel? I was so stressed out one night after work that I decided to pull stuff out right then and make this box after watching the video. That's what I do when I get uber stressed. I find something to do with my hands that I can focus in on.



I took the same technique I was making the nail polish flowers with and made a butterfly out of it.
Again it makes the house stinky to do this but they are cute.
This is the homemade calzones with dough made from a recipe Peter wanted me to try since it was set up for the bread machine. The dough was very springy so it made it hard to work with but it didn't taste bad. The girls want us to make calzones again sometime. 

 Been working on trying to get things sort of looking more decorated. The middle one was still drying from me gluing it together. I probably should have taken a new picture of it.
Here is the dinner the girls made.
I took my oranges and broke them up over a bed of spinach and drizzled a little balsamic vinaigrette  on it.
But overall it was good but the girls decided the cayenne was a bit much.

The girls had fun making the bread pudding but oh my word I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. We stirred it up and it was good and the girls want us to copy down the recipe so they can make it again sometime.

While the girls were in the kitchen making dinner I was outside working. I got most of my fence up and threw together a gate though one piece of wood was warped so it made things... interesting and I'm going to have to replace a piece sooner than later because it split when putting the screw in.  *sighs* But it will work for now. 
I was hoping to work outside today but instead we got Thunderstorms and lots of rain. 






1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love the new background :) I wish my boys would be excited to take two days to cook. Lucky you! Hopefully, this week won't be so stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete