Monday, January 26, 2015

Busy Monday, January 26


Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Call Doctors offices for Tax Info
  • Call Hospital Billing
  • Go through coupons
  •  Make Menu & Grocery List
  • Write this Blog 
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Groceries
  • Pick up tax info from doctors offices
  • Clean up around the house - All day thing I've already been working some on it. 

Menu

  • Monday - Chicken with Rice and Chinese veggies
  • Tuesday - Eat Out
  • Wednesday - Spaghetti w/Italian Sausage
  • Thursday - Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
  • Friday - Pizza
  • Saturday - Rosemary Porkloin w/Baked Potatoes and some type of veggie probably peas, I like peas
  • Sunday - ? We might be going to a Super Bowl party if so then we'll be eating there and bringing a potluck Item I'm thinking "Ryan's Rocking Salad" ... this is also the recipe I've been meaning to post up here because it went over so well at the potluck. It really doesn't look appealing and you have to about dare people to eat it but after everyone tried it everyone loved it!
    If we decide not to go to the Super Bowl party (Peter and I really don't care about sports we'd be going more for the social aspect). Then I'll make tacos. 



This Week's 'To-Do' List

Tuesday, we have project club. The girls will be sewing pillowcases that have buttons on them so they get to learn how to sew on buttons and work with interfacing. The plan is just to eat out because eating before 5 o'clock is harder on the kids and the club meeting starts at 5:30 and won't get out til well after dinner so we are just going to swing through a drive through on our way out to the meeting.

Wednesday, we have 4-H STEM club. Normally the two 4-H club don't fall in the same week but this club was canceled last week because the club leader was sick.

Thursday, Katherine has her Washington D.C. meeting but shouldn't really affect things too much since it is during her normal after school time. Here in a couple weeks I'll be having a meeting down there at the school with her. I still cannot believe I'm going on a school field trip and to all places Washington D.C. I'm excited two brand new things to me!

Friday Peter will be out playing cards but otherwise I think it should be a pretty easy night thankfully.

Saturday we are going to the movies at 9:30am. Why so early? Well Peter's work bought tickets for all the employees (yes all the employees of the hospital which is needless to say a lot!) and through this month they've been renting out the theater for hospital employees and their families. The kids picked out for us to go see "Into The Woods".  Also, Saturday starts the Tri-State Kids Fair but it also runs through that Sunday so we may wait until Sunday. 


Last Week

Oh goodness... Do I have to remember last week?

Well I worked a lot. I ended up going to the grocery store several times during the week because I kept forgetting things.

Monday of course there was no school so the kids and I did a lot of yard work and I did a lot of running around.

Thursday was Parent-Teacher conferences but I didn't have enough time to go around to all the teachers.

Friday Brielle stayed after school to work on a school assignment with another girl. That turned into a fiasco where they didn't finish, the other girl kept canceling and basically I end up getting a hold of the teacher because the other girl is not letting us talk to her parents to try and make any sort of arrangements... It was a lot of stress and thankfully the teacher I was talking to did not doubt Brielle's want to complete the assignment.

I also found out this weekend that Peter never sent in the insurance information so everything is getting billed to us so now we have that huge fight. Basically we've been paying for insurance but every so many months we have to fill out new forms to say NO we don't have other insurance that can pick up the bill first. If you ask me it's stupid and unnecessary! But thus why one of my things to do was to call up the hospital billing office. I've yet to receive a call back though.

There was something else that happened Saturday too I can't remember what... there was a lot of stress Saturday... a whole lot of stress.

Sunday I took Johanna out to the wedding expo and we spent the day there. We left in the afternoon to have a very pleasant lunch then went back to watch the fashion show and listen to a speaker. I have no clue if I'm doing the right or wrong thing as the maid of honor but I sure am trying to be helpful and supportive and try and help her narrow down what she 'really' wants. It made for a good day though it was a very rainy day.
We actually walked for awhile downtown trying to find some place to eat and everywhere was closed because it was Sunday. On our way back because though I'd lose my parking spot we needed to get some lunch we noticed that Fetta Speciality Pizza was open! Now neither her nor I had been there before but we had an extremely positive experience and it really made things great. There were people flipping dough into the air, our server was attentive even after we paid our bill... It was really nice!

Today is the first day I can remember where there are no kids or husband home! I actually got to sit down and drink my coffee before it went cold. I've been able to clear out my expired coupons because I've been so busy I haven't bothered with couponing really lately.
...
And long break was talking with insurances got everything figured out and now understand the paperwork!
....
I'm off to the rest of my day I hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment