Monday, February 4, 2013

Garlic Rosemary Pork Loin



So it's Monday and I'm doing my crock pot dinner. I know strange right? Well there's no particular reason other than the sides I have planned will take too long to make Tuesday and this was suppose to be Sunday's dinner but I forgot to defrost the loin! So Sunday my husband went out and picked something up and I was getting ready to protest that and that I'd find something else to make but I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I'm horrible right?

So here we go.

Garlic Rosemary Pork Loin
1 1/2 - 2 lb Pork Loin
Garlic - Cloves are best but all I had in the house was minced. Amount will depend on how much you like garlic.
Rosemary about 4 tsp fresh or around 2 tsp dried
Salt & Pepper
Butter or Olive Oil

After rinsing off your pork loin (you do know you are suppose to rinse things like roasts before you use them right?) you may want to cut slits or holes into the loin, fat side. It is optional but I like my flavor to get more through the meat.








You then take your garlic and stuff it into the holes. This is where clove garlic works much better but you can do it with minced it just takes some patience.










Salt and pepper your roast. I don't personally use much salt as we eat so many canned or prepacked foods that my belief is we get enough salt already but we do use a generous amount of pepper instead.









If you are using fresh rosemary then you will want to mince it. I prefer fresh which is why I have a very wild rosemary bush trying to take over everything. Seriously it's scary! One of these days it's going to stop me and demand my lunch money!








You then want to spread the rosemary and put it into the crock pot. All of the ingredients should be rubbed over the whole roast.

Now I'm showing this fat side up and if you want to do fat side up then I suggest extra oil or butter at the bottom of the pan. This will create more drippings but will help so that the roast does not burn onto your crock pot.

I am actually cooking fat side down for 60 min* and then going to flip it to fat side up for the rest of the time.

Cook for 6 hours on low or whatever is required for the size of roast that you choose. I'm doing about a 2 lb roast and 6 hours will be fine. I also prefer to cook things on low because I think it allows more time for the flavor to sink in.*

*I would estimate only 30 min if your crock pot is on High.

*I had said 8 I'm used to 8 and walking away but then it comes out more like shredded pork. 6 hrs is probably plenty just temp it before you pull it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment