Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ryan's Rockin' Salad

Salad!
So I've been saying I need to post another recipe and I've been meaning to post this. I snapped off a few shots but not the finish product sorry was really busy. I made this for one party and then recently for the super bowl party my friends had. Over all it goes over well.
I don't have pictures for everything though! Sorry!

10 oz Hearts of Romaine lettuce
10 oz Shredded Carrots (I use a bit less than that because that just seems like a lot of carrots)
15 oz Can of Black Beans - Rinsed
15 oz Can of Corn
1 Red Onion Diced - Not shown here because one of the guests was allergic to onions so I actually chopped them up and put them off to the side at the last.




The dressing is:
1 Cup Salsa
1 Cup Ranch Dressing

Mix together and pour over top of salad. It says to chill for 2 hours though I've served it sooner than that before too.
Warning though this may scare folks because it looks like an odd salad.
It's suppose to be a layered salad but to really get the flavors to mix together I like to blend it all together with the dressing.




Top the salad with tortilla strips at the time of serving or I like to keep them separate so people can just get what they want and they don't go soggy in the salad. Personally I like the precut tortilla strips that are all pretty and multi-colored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment