Monday, April 18, 2016

Busy Monday, April 18

Today's 'To-Do' List

  • Write this Blog
  • Make a menu
  • Go grocery Shopping
  • Lunch with Peter 
  • Catch up on chores around the house
  • Do some work outside/get plants in the ground
  • Music Class & Taking Brielle with me tonight
  • Recheck Out/Return Library Books
Menu


This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • All week - Work/School for the Family
  • Tuesday- Fine Arts Festival for Strings. Brielle has a performance with the High School and I have a performance with the other Adult students with some of the High School & Middle School filling in since we are such a small class. 
  • Wednesday - Last 4-H STEM Club until the Fall
  • Thursday - I have music class but it will depend if I go according to what is going on with Katherine. Katherine may have a performance for Chorus at the Fine Arts Festival that evening. 
  • Friday- I need to take Brielle to the Middle School in the morning and pick her up in the afternoon from there also because they are having a special session with Ryan Joseph.  
  • Saturday - RPG game in the evening it was canceled this past week due to schedule 
  • Sunday.... I'm Free I think OMG I'm free I'm free *knock on wood* 
Last Week


I can't even remember last week. I remember what I did at work but my wheels were spinning through that week so it's all pretty much a blur. The 4-H Banquet went well I do remember that. Katherine's Chorus Competition sounded like it went well and I went to a new store and found the shirt she needed right away so that was a true score. Hmm what else.... Don't quite remember but on Friday the girls had the Art Show and they did pretty well during that other than Katherine wanted to get up from her booth too much but she was the youngest person there they let her do it at age 11 instead of 13 since she was already in 6th grade and was already involved with many of the Library's teen activities.

I think that sums it up. Oh we moved Stitch N Bitch to Saturday due to a confliction one of the ladies is having on Sunday's now and I stocked up on WAY too much fabric that they had on sale at Jo-Ann's (RIP  Hancock) and I even got some material to start a new craft. I've been kind of stuck as I'm waiting to find out the gender of a couple babies. Two of our ladies in the group are pregnant! So I'm going to be behind the sewing machine a lot coming up here soon.

I think that is it in a nutshell.
Hope everyone has a great week and I will start posting on projects as soon as I get a spare second to get started on some. Feels like I've been non-stop running lately. Oh and BTW I'm loving the gorgeous weather but it's suppose to be up to 83 today... I could use a break from the heat! Mid-70's would have been great for it to stop at for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some time to relax this week. You sound super busy. I need you to be closer to teach me how to sew although I don't know, I think I still have nightmares about my Home Economics pillow and all its crooked glory. I didn't realize all Hancock fabrics were going out of business. I was in ours on Saturday but it seemed to me like they raised the prices for their going out of business sale. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing is still gives me butterflies when I cut into fabric because I know how much I spent. I really suggest starting with old clothing. I've made a purse out of a pair of my husband's old work slacks before that was real cute. So I wasn't afraid to try the pattern because I literally had no money in it. Sewing straight is an artform I haven't figured out but the ladies in my group keep telling me that if folks are judging me by the stitches then they are way too close to me which I think is great advice.
      Yeah I wasn't impressed with the Hancock out of business sale which sounds horrible but they brought back everything even discount racks to full price and then shaved off 20%. I understand the company went bankrupt so they are trying to recover funds lost but being as tight on pennies as I am I wasn't impressed but JoAnn's last week had a great sale of 50% off their mark down fabric so I picked up probably too much.
      I'm unsure when I'll ever get to fully relax again but the thought is nice :) Hope things are great on your end!

      Delete