Thursday, November 6, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Tacos


Chicken Tacos

Okay so I've mentioned making crockpot chicken tacos before but I don't think I ever made an official recipe post on it. This recipe is a lot like others you will find around on the internet. Your classic three ingredient chicken taco filling.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. Chicken (boneless, skinless)
  • 16 oz Salsa
  • 1 package fajita seasoning (or taco if you prefer)
Optional
  • Whatever you want on your taco! 
    • Soft shells
    • Hard Shells
    • Avocado
    • Sour Cream
    • Cheese
    • ... I think you get the point!



Put 1 lb of chicken into the crockpot. I used frozen chicken tenderloins because that is what I had in the freezer.

Add in 16 oz of salsa. You can really use any salsa I just use the cheap stuff because well... it's cheap and the salsa Brielle had canned up I think we all agree could use some more kick to it so I didn't want to use that.






One package of fajita seasoning (some people use taco seasoning but my homemade taco seasoning was not a hit with this particular recipe so I tried pre-packaged fajita seasoning and the family prefered it.
Set the crockpot on low for 8 hours. (You could probably do it on 'high' too but I don't know for how long since we're always running even when I put it on for 8 my crock pot still kicks over to warm for a couple hours so I never mess with 'high' cook temps.)
It may not look the best when it's done but once you shred the chicken in the pot and stir it around a bit it'll be just fine.




(This picture is before I added any liquid.)
There is plenty of liquid in the salsa. I actually added water tonight because we had a fiasco (I'll explain later) and was afraid it might burn and what we ended up with was soup and I only added maybe half a cup if that. The moral of this story is don't add water, you really don't need it. First and only time I made that mistake and it happened with this post of all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment