Today's 'To-Do' List
- Grocery Shopping
- Drop off Library Books
- Work on Baby Quilt
- Lunch with Peter
- Fix lawnmower - Take out spark plug and make sure it's okay if that isn't it then take apart mower and clean carburetor and see if that fixes it. Yup I get to be a small engine repair mechanic today. Thank goodness for YouTube because I have to be a mom of many hats.
- Salmon (Chicken for Peter), Rice, Steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Grilled Pork, Red Potatoes, Green Beans
- Sloppy Joes w/Chips
- Chicken and Bows (This will be a new recipe I'm trying)
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken Nuggets and French Fries
This Week's 'To-Do' List
- Thankfully this week is pretty empty!
- Try and organize some stuff around the house
- Friday my best friend or as she says my sister from another mister... She is going in for her C-Section. She has had a very rough pregnancy and has this genetic thing that after 37 weeks sudden loss of the baby becomes a much higher chance so she's just at that 37 mark, baby looks good so she is having her c-section Friday. I'll probably be going to the hospital after work.
Okay so last week. Well last Monday like I said I had a lot of doctors appointments. I still don't know what is going on with my insurance and Kroger hasn't contacted me back since Wednesday about the investigation.
It was figured out I was banged up pretty good and they took x-rays but not seems broken. My knee is still giving me some fits but the bruising is down. I'm still not happy with how Kroger is handling this but it's where I shop and probably will continue to unless they really handle this poorly.
Okay happier stuff let's go over the last two weeks real quick.
Here is the quilt I made for one of my friends, Allison, who was due one day apart from my best friend Johanna. She's actually having a girl I know it looks boyish but the fabric was given to me by the ladies in the sewing group and are the scraps from all the crib sheets that she made for Allison.
Back on the 10th it was the first day of school for my girls. Katherine is now in 7th Grade and Brielle is now in 11th Grade. They grow up so fast.
So here is miss Katherine at Buffalo Wild Wings. Last Friday was her birthday! Big 12 years old! We went to B-dubs for dinner and let her get whatever she wanted which was a whole lot of chicken wings with some fried mushrooms on the side.
After B-dubs we went to Baskin Robins for Ice Cream where she found the most chocolate ice cream she could.
Saturday was her birthday party at the Ozone. Which had a list of complaints this year sadly but I messaged the company so hopefully they will look into it. We've had many great years there so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Katherine didn't draw her cake decoration though I think she could have but I kept forgetting about the cake last week so we found a coloring sheet and she colored it in and they printed it on the cake. I think it actually came out pretty awesome.
That's stuff in a nutshell. Oh we tried a new recipe after making it while it was very simple I decided it was nothing more than beef stew over egg noodles. It went over about as well as Beef stew does aka I eat the majority of it but no one complained. I had used the crock pot last week because we were suppose to have 4-H but where we were suppose to go got flooded so it was canceled for this month. Had some other appointments this past week that I was all ready for and then got phone calls to reschedule them. It was just kind of a messed up week. Peter has been working 11 hour days and worked this past weekend on another job. I've been busy between work, kids, dealing with the schools and then all these baby showers and stuff. I'm ready for a little bit of down time.