Monday, August 29, 2016

Busy Monday, August 28

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Work
  • Menu
  • Grocery List
  • Grocery Shopping
Menu
  • Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes w/gravy, corn and Italian bread
  • Chicken Quesadillas (Menu last week got messed up ended going out to eat a few times)
  • Spaghetti
  • Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
  • Kids Order in Pizza (leaving some money for our friend coming over) / Peter & Myself Out to Eat
  • Chicken Nuggets and French Fries (another hold over from last week)
  • I'm expecting a few number of people over Sunday so unsure Peter and I will have to discuss this in length later. Maybe buffalo crock pot wings or something. 
This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • M-Th Work for myself & Peter, School for kids M-F
  • Wednesday - Brie Orthodontist
  • Thursday - Brie Dr. Appt.
  • Friday - Peter and I go out of town to go see Black Sabbath up near Indy. Staying the night up there.

  • Saturday - 6th Annual East Bridge Art & Music Festival? It's from 10am to 5pm so I will just see how I feel after getting back from Indy that day. 

  • Sunday - Peter invited over some of his friends to draft Conspiracy (New Magic the Gathering set)
Last Week

So it was a long week.
Start off with work I guess. On Thursday we got told the network was going down and then there was a scare of power going down which it did to most of the plant but not to the administration offices. A water pipe burst onto an MCC. Very lucky no one got injured as that could have killed someone. It didn't happen in our plant but rather the plant next door but it used to all be one big plant so we still get our air, nitrogen, steam and power from them so it still stopped our production. Needless to say some folks were stressed out. I'm hoping when I go back Monday everything is back to tip top shape. 


Thursday, I took Brielle over to a job to mow a lawn and we were out there into the dark and by the end I was out there too trying to help. It was tall and our batteries kept running out of juice for the string trimmer. We got it done though. The whole reason we did this is so she could earn money for Friday. 

Friday, my best-friend Johanna went in to have her baby. It was only at 37 weeks but she has a condition ICP where after 37 weeks sudden loss of the baby becomes more a threat. So we welcomed Evelynn Jo to the world! I went down to the hospital after work. She's so gorgeous!

So also Friday, I took Brielle, her boyfriend, her boyfriend's sister who is a friend to both my girls and Katherine all downtown and dropped them off to go hangout at Friday after 5. They had a good time and ate pizza and ice cream and were there quite late into the evening. 



Saturday, it was the 7th anniversary of the Ice Rink being open so they had a free session of ice skating. Free entrance and free skate rental so I took the kids to that but Brielle couldn't find her phone thankfully Katherine had her pay as you go phone. Unbeknownst to us until Sunday night this is when Brielle would lose her cellphone. 

Sunday, the girls and I went to the Lincoln Boyhood Home National Memorial. It was the week of the National Park Service 100th Birthday so this weekend there was free entrance to National Parks. 

We took about a 3 mile walk in total because we crossed over ourselves a lot on the paths. 














We got there about 8am but we had to rush out about 12pm because at 1pm I had to have the kids and 3 of their friends all over to another friend of their's house for a pool party. 

Yup, Sunday night we found out Brielle had lost her cellphone down town as she had just left it outside apparently. So now we are trying to figure out if we just cancel the phone and switch the number over to an old flip phone we have for her or really what we should do. She hasn't shown a lot of responsibility with her phone lately and we don't have a contract so purchasing a phone is much more expensive.
Peter and I were pretty upset but it is what it is I suppose. Though needless to say I wasn't this calm with her about the issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment