Monday, August 1, 2016

Busy Monday, August 1

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Blog
  • Work
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Call school about registration times this week
  • Get Groceries
Menu
  • Tacos
  • Grilled Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Corn
  • Spaghetti with Chicken Parmasean 
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup
  • Pizza
  • Cookout (Hamburgers & Hot Dogs)
  • Breakfast for Dinner
This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • Work
  • Clean Clean Clean! We have a big cookout Saturday!
  • Yard Work! Have to get ready for cookout
  • Middle School schedule pick up and fee payment
  • High School schedule pick up and fee paytment
  • Saturday Back to School Bash Cookout

Last Week


So my husband and I got a few walks in last week. Not as many as we probably needed but at least we got out some. Mind you whatever gains we got were ruined by ice cream after but it's the thought that counts right? 


This was a new recipe I tried. It was Balsamic Chicken and it was low sodium and low carb. It was alright not stellar but I could see us making it again. 
I did a side of mixed rice and sauteed green beans. 


 So Saturday was my best friend's baby shower! Well baby shower of sorts we working for it painting a room that they were moving her 2 year old daughter into along with the new baby as soon as she gets here. 
The old room her daughter was in had stairs to the attic so they kept her daughter in her crib but they are going to need to move her to her big girl bed so they needed to rearrange the house to put her into a safer room. 
The room also had two big windows in it and there were always the grumblings from an early rising kiddo during the weekend when people finally had a chance to sleep or she'd wake up at 5:30 am when folks didn't need to be up until 6. My solution was blackout curtains but truthfully those can be expensive so as I was doing some running I decided to go into Goodwill and what did I find? Well 4 narrow panels of blackout curtains in plain white for $8! Winner! So I got to surprise her with that. While some of us ladies were painting the preggo ones and one other lady set upon painting polka dots on the curtain panels. 

I also had decided I wanted to make a diaper cake but boy diapers are spendy and I knew she was going to get more at the shower her family was throwing so I just got a small pack and wrapped it around some blankets and hooded towels I had got at goodwill (I washed them of course). I bought some toys down at Meijers and I think it came out rather cute. 



Wednesday through Saturday the County Fair was going on and the only day I had free was Friday. It rained a lot during that day Friday but I decided to take the kids out anyways. The tractor pull was canceled for that day so entrance was only $5 a person  and how our fair is set up once you purchase your way in all the rides and activities are free after that. 
We also went and looked at the exhibits to see how the girls did. All blue ribbon entries and Katherine had one of her entries picked to go to state! 

How ours is set up too if you enter something you earn money. So Brielle got $10 for entering 2 salsas and getting two blue ribbons for them. Katherine got $21 for entering 2 salsas and a painting and having one of her salsas make it to state. 

All in all it was a great time and the kids had fun. 






















Oh and Saturday I tried a new recipe in the crock pot. Mixed reviews from us. It was suppose to be a Mediterranean Chicken and when I first started eating it I forgot to put the feta cheese on it which makes a world of difference just having a little bit of cheese crumbled on it. May or may
not make it again we haven't decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment