Monday, November 17, 2014

Busy Monday, Nov 17




Today's 'To-Do' List

Not sure how I'm going to tackle today. I'm going to do some cleaning around the house that I know but the rest is in the air because it's a snow day! 
I did the menu and the grocery shopping yesterday so I wouldn't have to go out into the snow today. With me having all the kids I won't be going out for lunch with Peter because we cheated the last two days due to how late things have been and we went out to eat. Needless to say my savings is going "Ouch! Quit it!"

Here's some snow pictures to make up for my lack of a 'To-Do List'










Menu
  • Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn
  • Spaghetti w/Italian Sausage
  • Crockpot meal (I still have some of those crockpot meals I got for a trial they aren't good but they're food)
  • Hamburger Helper
  • Pizza
  • Chicken & Pasta w/Peas
  • Chicken Nuggets/Fish Sticks & Fries
Incase you have forgotten I make a list of meals no meals are on a set day unless there is something going on that day.


This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Work -Tue-Fri
  • Wednesday - 4-H (There is another 4-H club Brielle and Katherine wants to start going to this Tuesday too but I'm not sure I'm going to be up for it.... I will consider it)
... I'm not sure what else might be going on this week. I have started on my Thanksgiving list though so I'll probably need to find time to finalize that and finish getting my shopping list together and bake times ready... Yes it's about that time.

Last Week

During the week it was all pretty standard work stuff. Though the septic pump broke at work so it made it extremely annoying to get to a restroom that worked. I think that was my biggest annoyance though I was pretty buried with work too.

Thursday Brielle had an Orthodontist appointment that I never got onto my calendar so I'm glad they give a reminder call. She's now doing the bands. I don't know exactly what they do but I remember kids changing out their bands during class when I was growing up. I should have had braces but my parents couldn't afford it so going through all this stuff with Brielle is pretty new to me.

Friday night Brielle decided to go to Friday Night Magic with Peter so it left just myself and Katherine home that evening. We started watching Horrible Histories. I'm not sure if I'd call it age appropriate but then again if you really think about it history isn't naturally age appropriate. We had a lot of good laughs though and learned some interesting facts.



Saturday I slept in but the kids weren't up yet and Peter was watching a show so I wandered into the kitchen and decided since I had all these blackberries I got from Aldi that I really needed to do something so much to Peter's surprise I decided to pull out my cookbook and make some crepes. I haven't made crepes since I was a little girl. It's not that they are hard it's just I never do it for some reason. The girls absolutely loved it. I didn't have pie filling so I let them pull out the jellies. Katherine loved taking the peach jelly we canned last year and putting it with fresh apple we sliced up for it. Brielle I think was just grabbing all the jellies... I'm not sure what she was making but she sure did enjoy it. 
Peter and Katherine went out to pokemon league that afternoon and Brielle and I stayed home and cleaned house. I'm starting to reclaim my house... I think. It seems there is a always a new pile of mess for me to try and tackle.
After Peter and Katherine got home I left out of the house as I was meeting a bunch of ladies I know for some coffee. It was Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Starbucks and one of my friends really is super into the fitness stuff so one of the sites that tracks this (Humanavitality I want to say it is) she earned gift cards for Starbucks so she footed the bill and for less than $10 we all got nice large coffees and we got to sit around and chit chat for a couple hours... no kids, no men folk just us ladies so it turned into a bit of a vent session for a little bit but we all decided we needed that and I think we all really feel we'd love to do this more often because it really seems like we just get out to do it only once a year. 

By time I started heading home though Peter told me not to worry about cooking dinner and to go pick something up. Not in the budget but at 5:30 I understand why he said it and was just glad he wasn't too frustrated with me.  (I think next time the ladies and I need a selfie to show that we really don't have our children sewn onto our hips.)

Sunday I picked up my friend Johanna and we went to the grocery store. I had planned to avoid this completely but we were out of milk and eggs and nearly out of bread so there wasn't really any getting around it. After the grocery store that afternoon I then took her out to a lady she was picking up some free items for. Now I have been driving around with stuff I was trying to sell for over two months and I got tired of it so I handed it all to the lady so she could give it away to those in need. After that I drove Johanna home and her fiance yelled down from the upstairs if we wanted our window A/C unit we loaned them. Any other time in the last few months I wouldn't have had room but I just happened to have gave everything away so it worked out so now I have an A/C in the back of my van.
As soon as I got home from all that running it meant more running. (I had made a quick stop prior to drop off the groceries so when I got home I didn't have to put them away). I loaded up the family and we went shopping for a birthday party happening that evening for one of their little friends who's family is friends of the family. I knew the perfect spot and the kids picked up a bunch of stuff and we had to hold them back as we didn't need to go broke on Hello Kitty (which is what their friend loves). By 4 o'clock we got down to the birthday party at the bowling alley and we had a fun 2 hours there but as I said it started at 4 o'clock which meant everyone was starved for dinner so we ended up going out to Penn Station. Peter said since he never officially got his birthday dinner that we could count that. I think he was trying to lessen the blow of cost because for a sandwich shop it's not cheap. 

We got home and got the kids ready for bed. I stayed up too late folding clothes being a silly butt but once I get started I have a hard time stopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment