Monday, November 3, 2014

Busy Monday, November 3

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Get kids to bus 6:40 & 7:15
  • Make menu / Grocery List
  • Write Blog
  • Get Groceries
  • Laundry
  • Lunch with Peter
I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants today for the most part. I've been under so much stress between work and getting everything ready for Halloween and now the new stress of things going on this week that I think I really just need to take it easy for the most part and I'm just going to piddle around the house randomly cleaning what I feel like cleaning instead of setting lofty expectations of myself today. 

Menu
  •  Sloppy Joes & Chips
  • Beef Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Corn (still held over)
  • Crock Pot - Lasagna 
  • Crock Pot - Chicken Tacos  
  • Pizza
  • Hamburger Helper? (Out of ideas and I already have it in the house)
  • Out to Eat - Peter's Birthday!!



This Week's 'To-Do' List

  • Work -Tu-Fri 
  •  Clean up around the house - This is a permanent main stay. 
  • Tuesday - After work pick up some items being sold by a lady (hexbug stuff Katherine's new big thing) 
  • Tuesday - Go to Vote! I'm not sure if I'll try to do this before or after work but I always try to make my voice heard. 
  • Wednesday - Brielle has a presentation for her Engineering Class I've got to have her back at the school for at 4:15. It's not suppose to take more than 15 minutes but it's a bit of a hiccup in the course of the day. 
  • Finish Katherine's Costume for Thursday.
  • Thursday - Katherine has the school Historic Cemetery Walk 5pm-7pm 

    • This was one of those things we did NOT know was coming up. Katherine changed her mind from selling concessions to wanting to be in the walk and her teacher was 110% behind her on this so Katherine has been working on a speech while I have been trying to figure out how to pull together a costume for Katherine to be 'Elizabeth Cady Stanton'.
      So since Parent Teacher Conferences which was Tuesday right after 4-H... I've been trying to come up with how I was going to do this. Needless to say I've been a little stressed.
      Here is how we've started. I found a jacket down at Goodwill for $4 and I picked up about $3 of lace at Jo-Ann Fabrics. So here was how we started. I've got to go through my fabric box and see what else I can pull off.
  • Thursday (Oh yes there is more) - Brielle Orchestra Concert 6:15 arrival - 7pm start
  • Put away Halloween Decorations
  • Sunday - Peter's birthday! I need to decide what I'm going to get him for his Birthday and try and get everything planned


Last Week




Monday night the kids didn't have homework so I had them peal some apples and they mixed everything up according to the recipe (and I cheated and bought some pie shell dough) and the kids made an apple pie. It may not look the best on the top but it tasted very good and the girls really enjoyed making it.




Tuesday the girls had 4-H and learned how to cross stitch. I need to set them back down with it. They're suppose to have their projects done by April to show back off to the rest of the group and my girls picked some very intricate cross stitch patterns.  
After which like I mentioned above we hurried home to drop off Brielle so she could work on her homework and then Katherine and I rushed over to her school for a Parent/Teacher Conference. It all went very well with lots of praise from her teacher.

I told you I was going to do it right? Thursday I made up spaghetti and I even spent the extra to get Orange peppers. While Brielle ate her pepper, Katherine just nibbled a little but both girls thought it was super cute. 






Wednesday (and some Thursday) we carved pumpkins. Normally we do it earlier but the weather has been so odd going from low 30's at night to one day last week we were in the 80's! We knew the pumpkins wouldn't last long so we held off on them.




Friday was Halloween of course and my goodness it was VERY cold and extremely windy! We only went around a couple blocks before we were on our way back to the family friend's house for some chili to warm us up.
I had brought an extra jacket so Katherine put that on and then later Brielle stole Peter's coat so he rushed on back to the house ahead of us.
For all that freezing cold weather sadly many houses you couldn't tell if the porch light was on just to be on or if they had candy. The kids didn't get a 'haul' but they didn't need to anyways. Truthfully they had the most fun running around in their costumes.
The young man there in the picture beside Brielle is her 'boyfriend'... Oh yes the first boyfriend.
Lord help me... I have a teenager.





Saturday we went to a local farm that Peter's work rented out and the girls got to play on the farm games and also they had carnival rides for free. Again though it was so cold I found shelter with sort of heat (just a standing heat lamp thingy) and I pretty much stayed there. The kids had a lot of fun but after three and a half hours I was an ice cube!!
That evening Peter and I went to an adult Halloween Party and I got to watch Peter have a few drinks which is always funny. Peter and I rarely ever drink. Some folks have a few beers a night we just aren't those types of folks so watching Peter giggle was quite the sight. I played the role of DD because I prefer that role.

Sunday I worked on the above mentioned costume and then we went out and did some looking around. Brielle did win that costume contest (after lots of prodding of our friends on facebook to vote for her) so we took her down to the shop and she picked up a bunch of things she had been wanting ad then we picked out a Dr. Who Yahtzee game. I'm really hoping we start a family game night and the kids are excited about the idea too.

I also started another project Sunday night but I'm not done with it yet. I'll post about it when I get it done. It's kind of scary looking but it's my first attempt... curious yet?




2 comments:

  1. As always, I'm tired just reading about your week! You are one busy mom over there. Apple pie is my favorite! I bet it tasted great. :) Hope you take some time to relax today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pie didn't look the greatest but the kids did a good job. I have never gotten around to canning those apples yet so the kids are talking about making another pie. :)
      I sure tried to take some time to relax though I think that drove me a bit batty too.

      Delete