Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly! Adventures in Cleaning Recap



So I've posted a lot of things recently and my most posted on series I suppose you'd call it is Adventures in Cleaning.
It's been a little while so I wanted to give some updates on these items.

Adventures in Cleaning Series
  • Laundry Stain Remover - So the jury is still out on this one. I think it did a pretty good job for the impossible task I gave it and the it went over to a friends house for her to try and she said it seemed to do well but I haven't heard from her lately and I don't have it back yet to test again myself. I did notice that it liked to separate so you had to make sure to shake it a little. I would also note this is ammonia based which means KEEP AWAY FROM BLEACH! Otherwise I think it's a keeper. If something changes that opinion you all will be the first to know! 
  • Dishwasher Detergent - Failure! I tested for two or three days straight changing amounts trying to get the fog to go down. Problem 1. It likes to clump I solved this on day two with the rice. Problem 2. The lemonade seems drawn to each other and oddly enough different ingredients start separating even though it's powder! Weird! And last but not least Problem 3. Fog! Even after all my experiments the inside of bowls and glasses are clean but for whatever reason the outside gets soap scum, fog and it gets thick! I think I have given up on making my own.  
  • Laundry Detergent - Cheep, efficient and has not spiked up any skin allergies. I give this an A+ and it is something I will definitely make again.  
  • Cleaning Soak (SUPER Scrubber 9000) - This is my #1 go to when I need to soak the stove grates for gunk I can't just wash off. I've gotten kind of lazy as of late with how it put it together and while it doesn't matter too much you can just throw everything in the sink and darn near at any measurement but the original cleaned the best and I need to stop being a bum and wondering what is wrong even though it works well it isn't ass efficient and that's 100% on me for not mixing it correctly and just tossing random amounts of ingredients into the sink when I get busy. 
I could have sworn I had done more but if I have it's been lost in my posts. I hope to keep up with my adventures in cleaning and even if it's not DIY maybe give a few products the thumbs up. Ones I know I personally swear by are:
  • Magic Erasers - Where were these all my life! I have rust and everything in my tub from where I was trying to scrub off soap scum. Now I use a magic eraser and no more damage! I wish I would have known about these! I generally use the off brand and have never had a problem either. 
  • Lysol Mold and Mildew Remover - Though I haven't bought some in a little bit I've been just trying bleach solutions because the chalking around my bathtub is notorious for build up and I'm missing my Lysol! You spray it on, walk away for a little bit, walk back and clean it off and things are white again!  Like I said not even a bleach solution works the same so I'm not sure what the Lysol has added to give it that extra umphf. 
  • Bounce Dryer Bar - Now I know I can work with dryer sheets and it will be fine and I've even thought about trying to soak a cloth in fabric softener but the dryer bar is my guilty pleasure where I stick it and just forget about it. I don't have to worry about my husband or children forgetting or dealing with all those little white tissues.... ever walk out of the house with one stuck to you? I have! On more than one occasion!
I think that's about it for product placement right now LOL. I did get a sample of some electronic wipes soon so I'll have to try those out too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment