Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2/11/13-3/03/13 Menu

One Months Half a Month's Menu
So I've been reading a lot of blogs that list their menu for the week. I ways thought it was a bit silly when I first was doing that but now that I see other people's I guess I can try posting mine. Though we eat a lot of processed foods sadly. Either they are cheaper than fresh or just 10x easier.
(And yes I'm just filling the gap of time for the water to boil so I can finish dinner since the dishwasher and clothes washer are already going.)

Because I'm trying to reign in the budget I pretty much planned and bought for the month. I know it sounds weird but when I go to the grocery store if I only have a couple items in my cart it feels wrong and I'm more likely to impulse buy.

2/11 - (was suppose to be tacos but we had a flub up on Sunday) So Banquet Turkey & Gravy
          Mashed Potatoes
          Corn

2/12 - Cheesy Chicken

2/13 - Meatloaf
          Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
         Corn?  (I really don't like this idea but my husband is what decided Monday's meal and my head was hurting so bad I couldn't tell him any different because he was cooking and I was taking a lot of pain killers.)

2/14 - Parmesan Chicken (OnCor) -- Subject to change since the oldest child will be at a fundraiser event.
          Spaghetti

2/15 - Fried Ham
          Biscuits
          Hashbrowns
          Eggs

2/16 - Pizza

2/17 - Chicken (garlic/butter & various seasonings)
           Pasta
           Peas

2/18 - Hamburger Helper
           Green Beans

2/19 - BBQ Pulled Pork
          Chips

2/20 - Spaghetti with Meatballs

2/21 - Pot Roast (Hormel)
           Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
          Corn

2/22 - Chicken Nuggets
          French Fries

2/23 - Pizza

2/24 - Sloppy Joes
           Chips

2/25 - Breaded Pork
          Mashed Potatoes w/ Pan gravy
          Peas

2/26 Grilled Cheese
        Tomato Soup

2/27 - Hamburger Helper
           Green Beans

2/28 - Lasagna (Stoffers)

3/1 - Turkey Bake (Banquet)
         Mashed Potatoes
         Corn

3/2 - Pizza

3/3 - Chicken
         Rice
         Vegetable Stir fry

As you can see... I live up to my "The best food comes from a box" idea. I can't wait for summer though so we can throw grilling into our menu!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think your menu looks refreshingly normal and pretty much just like ours with the exception of the Hamburger Helper and the Turkey Bake. A fundraiser event on Valentine's Day? That's no fun! I ended up "cooking" McDonald's for my boys last night because the middle school teacher conferences took forever with all the waiting in line.

    ReplyDelete