- Write 'Fall Cleaning' blog for today
- Accomplish 'Fall Cleaning Challenge'
- Lunch with Peter
- Drop off paints @ Friend's
- Finish gluing on Minecraft face coverings
- Mow backyard
- Call Orthodontist
- Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
- Spaghetti w/Italian Sausage
- Royal Round Steak
- Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & Corn (Held over again! I will make it!)
This Week's 'To-Do' List
- Keep up with Fall Cleaning Schedule
- Finish cabinet doors (said I was going to do this yesterday to myself and I never did get to it)
- Drop off donation items (Yup still cluttering my van... yet another week but scheduled for donation to a friend that works with lots of organizations this Wednesday)
- Saturday Night Family Movie Night
- Katherine's Science Fair Project
- Finish kids Halloween Costumes
- Work on Halloween Decorations
Last week was Fall Break for the kids and I already miss being able to sleep in until 7 o'clock. We didn't get a lot of time together because of course my husband and I were still working all week.
(Bright Spot) Katherine was at YMCA Holiday Camp this week and she asked for 2 bananas that day for snack time and I'm not about to deny a child a banana so I packed her two. That day one of the kids at camp didn't have a snack so she offered them one of her bananas and let them choose which one because one was a bit more bruised than the other one. (Proud Momma)
For movie night (and I meant to get a picture but I was rather ill that day) we had two of our friends and 3 of their children and then 2 of those children's friends over at our house. Our friend bought pizza for everyone and I bought little brown paper bags and popcorn. Peter borrowed a projection screen and we set it up out in the carport along with the projector. We had an outdoor movie night and watched The Croods and the kids didn't have to worry about their soda spills or popcorn or candy that hit the ground because we were outside so I wasn't worried about it. The movie was very cute and the kids seemed to have fun.
We sort of got started on Katherine's Science Fair project. We pinned down what it was going to be and bought all the supplies for it but since we are dealing with food and it's not a mold project I guess we better get started on that ASAP! Katherine is pretty hyped about it but it is some heavy stuff so we are going to have to sit down and do lots of reading and watching of youtube videos so that she can really understand what is going on.
I think that was the big thing. I mentioned I had some friends and their children displaced out of their home so a lot of last week was trying to help run them back and forth until they were able to get their car re-insured and tagged which they were able to do last Friday so I'm very happy for them because I know it was a lot of stress trying to figure out how to get the kids to their schools.
Through it all I tried to keep up with my cleaning schedule though I will admit there are areas that got skipped and you noticed I had some pretty flakey days in there. With any luck this week will go a little smoother but I know it will still be hectic because this Saturday is the big (30 kid big!) Halloween party over at my friend Sarah's house and I've got treats to make and decorations to still get together.
I'll try to pull out my camera more of then this week.