Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crock Pot Tuesday - Cheesy Chicken

Well today is another dance class. I've been doing these for over a year now but I realized that some recipes I thought all crock pot lovers knew aren't always known. Next week won't be a crock pot week because there was a request for Grilled Cheese & Tomato soup which is quick enough to fix.

Tonight:

Cheesy Chicken
Ingredients :
  • 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
  • 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • 1 Box Rotini Pasta

Mix together the cream of chicken soups and the cheese soup (I generally do this in a separate bowl).

I generally put a little bit of the mixture at the bottom of the crock pot to make sure the chicken doesn't burn when it is first starting to cook. Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste (take a guess don't actually taste it right now raw chicken is bad! mkay). 
Poor the remainder of the soup mixture onto the chicken. 

Cook on low for 8 hrs (it's fine to keep on warm after that so no worries).

Before serving cook up your rotini pasta according to the pasta directions. 

I like to chop my chicken up in the pot before pouring over the noodles as it makes it easier for everyone, especially the children, to eat.



A simple no fuss meal that my kids know instantly when they get home what they are having and all I hear is cheers. This easily feeds our family of 4 with left overs. We've fed 3 adults and 3 kids with this one dish too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment