Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - End of Vacation


Okay how can going into a New Year be happy if well... I have to go back to work tomorrow. This doesn't quite equate. I think I could have finally gotten into the vacation swing now but it's all over so I will have to try to figure out this relax thing after work.... yeah.

Anyways the Holidays just flew right by didn't they. I hope enjoyed a little bit of time with their family and friends and I hope 2013 is better than 2012. (I also will keep my figures crossed for when you right checks to get the date right. LOL)

Well back onto my kick of taking vitamins going to try last years resolution again we'll see how long it lasts this time.


Berlinerkranser Cookies
Shortbread Cookies
We made lots of cookies. Berlinerkranser cookies and Shortbread cookies.  So I ended up sending 2 batches to Peter's work for everyone that's had to work over these holidays my husband included who had to go so far as go in on Christmas Day.
 
My cake up there is a from scratch Spiced Angel Food Cake which always goes over well and this is my second time making one which is how I end up with so many shortbread cookies because they use egg yolks and the angel food of course uses egg whites.

While I was out shopping on Christmas Eve attempting to get the last bits of things we needed. I saw a Gingerbread kit and decided that the girls love to make them so it was worth picking one up.

Christmas day we had a pretty simple dinner but I pulled out my good china like I do every year. I love those plates and wish I could use them more often but I know they'd get ruin so fast.



I did end up getting a little bit of relax time one evening goodness around midnight I said to heck with it I'm getting a bath and a book! Since it had been years since I've stolen that kind of time mind you remember I did say it was around/after midnight before I was able to do this. 








That's about it for right now. I didn't find ANY time for any craftiness with the kids which seriously has thrown me off and really makes it feel like less of a vacation. Maybe this spring when I try to fit in another vacation. I just pray that I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment