Monday, September 16, 2013

Busy Monday Edition, September 16


Welcome to another Monday edition. I'm actually getting onto writing this a little late. I had a hard time sleeping last night and ended up not telling Katherine when to go out the door for the bus. I kind of just zoned staring at Facebook as I had seriously considered taking an extended blink in my chair so Katherine ended up missing the bus. Well that's a quick way to get me up, dressed and out the door. You have to love these kinds of mornings (by the way that is sarcasm). 
I got going on some of my items such as the laundry and getting the bagel dough started so my husband could have breakfast at home though knowing him he'll use them as snacks again. 
Amy then arrived here this morning while it was pouring down rain and we went to set up her tent frame (she's making an A-Frame viking tent to use at events she venders at) and found out it was too tall for my carport but the rain has cleared up so we are giving it a little bit while she goes to get some more fabric and then we'll set up the tent and start pinning fabric for her to sew. I'm very proud of her when she first came over here working on this some months ago I did the sewing but she has really progressed. 

Sunday wasn't quite as restful as I had hoped. Peter took Brielle to the library and Katherine went outside to play while I shampooed the carpet in the Playroom because I found out the pets had found a way in there and decided it looked like a nice place to potty. Can we say ick?! But now the carpet is all clean thankfully. I then worked a good part of the evening helping the kids with their various homework and preparing for tests and projects due this week. 

Thankfully I don't have a lot planned this week..... so far. 

Today's 'To-Do' List
  • Menu
  • Laundry
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Get wood stain
  • Get new battery for van
  • Make bagels
  • Fix kitchen chair
  • Reschedule Blacky's grooming appointment
  • Lunch with Peter
  • Help Amy with sewing/tent
  • Clean Bathroom


Menu
  • Hamburger Helper & Green Beans
  • Chili Dogs & Chips
  • Grilled Chicken, Baked Potatoes & Corn on the Cob
  • Lasagna
  • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
  • Pizza
  • Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes w/gravy & Peas


This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • Write at least 3 'Fall Clean' Blogs
  • Go to Library
  • Get Brielle's cake ordered
  • Make sure enough plates, cups, etc. for party
  • Try to arrange a babysitter for Saturday
Pretty straight forward this week or maybe it is because I'm still very much tired and tempted to make a second pot of coffee which is something I never do! 
With any luck I will be done with my book from the library this week. I'm very sad that it is the last book in the series but glad that I've had a chance to read them and they are SO much better than the movie. Anyone remember the old movie 'Eragon'? Trust me the books are 400 times better and it makes the movie look horrific. 
I'm working on a Fall Prep blog series that I want to kick off next Monday but I want to get the blogs mostly wrote up so that I'm not trying to tackle the projects while writing while going to work. I think I'd pull out my hair and scream at the sky, "WHY!?!" and I'd like to avoid making a scene like that. 
Brielle's birthday party is next weekend because her friends parents are divorced and she wanted to make sure they could come so I need to get that all set up. 
Saturday Peter wants to go to a Magic event and asked me to get a babysitter so we could go together it's about the only time I play cards with him. There are a ton of other things going on Saturday also but we haven't decided which events we would be going to yet. There is the scarecrow fest at the botanical gardens that we always try to go to, there is an airshow at the riverfront, there is the Dream Riders event which is to raise money for the stables that do a lot of work with disabled children... There is a list more than just that too! Saturday is an extremely busy day and we haven't quite figured it all out yet. Blacky's grooming appointment was that day too so I've decided to go ahead and reschedule it because there is just so much going on. 

Well here's hoping my Busy Monday isn't overly busy and that it carries on throughout the week. I could use an easy week. 

I hope that everyone else has a great week and while you're at it please keep Colorado in your thoughts and prayers. I've got a friend who lives near Denver and things are worse than even the media can quite get across. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope your week is going well since we are now at the mid-way point. Whew! That is a lot to do on your Saturday. I think my oldest son has the Eragon books in his room...I'll have to go check later. I'm pretty sure he has the movie as well although I've never read the books or watched the movie. Perhaps I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh not as well as one would hope but I'm breath and I've got my family and I'm not in the grip of a natural disaster so I'm not going to complain!
      I really enjoyed all 4 books. I'm on my last couple chapters of the 4th and last book and part of me always wants to stay up reading more but part of me is very sad to be leaving. I hope whatever book series I drive in next I get as much enjoyment out of.

      Delete