Anyway, so I went into work today and then was informed by three different people while I was there that I should have stayed home in bed. And what? Let work pile up on me? My job could easily be a 40 hrs/week job I just choose to work 20 hrs/week for my family's sake.
So to give credit where credit is due Peter did go by the grocery store earlier this week and picked up a pound of hamburger and made dinner one night and he has been getting Katherine from school this week. We have otherwise been eating ourselves out of house and home as I've been too ill to worry about a menu or a grocery list.
I finally forced myself to the grocery today after work.
So my $39.79 trip. Not very impressive at all. Word of advice don't go to the grocery store having not ate for the day. I don't really feel hungry because of this illness so I was kind of just grabbing things out of the feeling that we just needed food in the house.
I keep wanting to get up and start cleaning house but every time I start doing a lot of physical activity I go into coughing fits and then spend the next 5 minutes trying to remember how to breath again.
What happens when mom is sick?
Well first the dishes stack up. Now again to give credit where credit is due Peter did do one load of dishes for me back on Tuesday when I was first laid up with this ick so it's not as bad as it could have been.
I think everything has started to migrate to the floor and flat surfaces from the deepest crevices of our home!
Naw we don't have a laundry hamper in the laundry room. We've got a nice floor.... Anyone else experiences this daily? Truthfully I did pick up most of it yesterday before I nearly collapsed wheezing.
I've been washing... It's been stacking! Sad thing is the dryer is full right now too! I think I might have clothes in the washer too everything is a bit hazy.
So my goals for this weekend:
- Find something fun for Katherine tonight while Brielle plays Magic with Peter... something fun that does not take a lot of effort on my part.
- Getting myself to feel better
- Tackling the clothing monster because I just got confirmation our new replacement cabinet for the corner should be done in a week which means next weekend we'll be staining so I have maybe a week and a half to get things in order.... should be plenty of time if I don't procrastinate too much.
- Dishes - Other cleaning I think I'm going to try and hold off a little otherwise I'll work against my second goal I already listed.
- Tomorrow is Free Magic Day (they have some other name for it like Magic Celebration but it's free so we call it what it is) across the country so the kids will be down at the card shop. I already warned Peter it's going to really depend on how I feel on if I can go or not. I need to not push myself so hard otherwise I'll never get well.
I think I'll leave it at that. There are a billion things I want to get done. A billion more I never got done this past week but I really can't stand being ill much longer it makes me twitch and want to kill stuff because I feel so gosh darn useless!
Hope everyone else has a great weekend!