Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pumpkin Doughnuts


So I broke down this past Monday and bought a doughnut pan so I could try these pumpkin doughnuts out. Now you don't 'have' to have a doughnut pan but well I wanted one. I used the Pumpkin Cake Doughnut over on the King Arthur Flour site. They also have suggestions on how to make this in a muffin pan so don't be afraid to try it out.
The kids really loved them and Peter thought they were okay but once again he thought not enough pumpkin flavor and we narrowed part of the problem down to there not being any clove so the next time I make them I'll have to guess at how much clove to put in.
It said the recipe should make about 12 doughnuts though with my pan it made 18.

If you love pumpkin as much as this family it really might be a recipe worth checking out.
I made these doughnuts up Monday night and by this afternoon they will be gone as there are only 2 left right now. I think that overall has the seal of approval by the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment