Monday, September 23, 2013

Busy Monday Edition, September 23




Today's 'To-Do' List

  • Menu
  • Laundry
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Dental Appointment
  • Start Fall Challenge
  • Lunch with Husband
  • Clean up around house
  • Go by the library & pay fines
No I'm not even defining what cleaning up around the house is! If I get something done I will pat myself on the back! Last week got very awkward for us with so many strange and unfortunate things happening that I feel like the house was on the set of Twister. I keep putting the bathroom on my list but I'll pick up the floor but not get to the rest or I'll work on the bathtub but not get the rest it's just this awkward trade off so I refuse to put it on my physical list because there is only so many times you can fail before you need a win. 
I also have a lot less motivation knowing I have a dental appointment today. I love my dentist and it's just a cleaning but always the cleanings due to my teeth structure they always find more work to do and admittedly I've slacked somewhat on my flossing so I'm sure he'll fuss at me. It's just breaking my day up with appointments always makes me a bit sluggish. 

Menu
  • Hamburger Helper 
  • Chicken Nuggets & French Fries
  • Breakfast for Dinner
  • Spaghetti
  • Grill-Out 
  • Pizza
  • Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes w/gravy & Peas
We have a carry over on the Pork Roast because Sunday we had Brielle's birthday party and I was asked to babysit right after so it did mess up dinner plans somewhat. We had Pizza instead because Saturday we had a babysitter for the girls so Peter and I grabbed some dinner out before the Magic the Gathering pre-release tournament.
Over all I'm shooting for 'easy' this week which is what I tend to shoot for. I would like to get a bit more healthy foods into our diet and do some real cooking more often but I feel like things are a bit crazy and it may just be because of how last week went. 

This Week's 'To-Do' List
  • Write at least 3 'Fall Clean' Blogs
  • Go to Library
  • Work on staining the cabinet
  • Pull out Fall/Halloween decorations

There were a lot of things on my weekly To-Do list that never got done.
My cabinet is still not stained. Infact I only got 1 door done on it and it's not 100% done because one side still needs polyurethane (which is something you really don't want to do inside).
I didn't even write all those blogs I said I was going to so I'm going to be busy this week trying to keep up with those while doing the tasks myself plus work and kids and all that jazz.

I think my brain is the one most busy on this Busy Monday. What are your plans for the evil Monday monster? Did you meet your goals last week?

Last Week:

I'm totally out of it! Seriously I am I'm forget things left and right!

Brielle had her birthday party (Sunday) at the laser tag place here in town. A few of the kids by the end of it didn't feel like going back in because they were tired so my husband and one of the other dad's went in and had a good ol' time for the last round.


I played with the pumpkin bread recipe and made it too moist this time and instead of measuring out my seasonings I tried using pumpkin pie spice and I'd say that was a giant flop. As it was described by Katherine, "It's bland." But I did get more pumpkin taste into it this time. I will have to try again. I think I have also decided this kind of recipe does not like to mix well in the bread machine. I'll still use the bread machine for baking because until we get late Fall and into Winter I really don't want to heat up the house with the oven as often as I will want to be baking.


Thursday a friend of ours went to the hospital and in the course of being admitted for pneumonia he collapsed and passed away. He was much too young and much too sweet of a guy and everyone in the gaming community is sad at our loss for losing such a wonderful guy.

Saturday we went to the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden for the annual Scarecrow fest. We were very sad at this years display as half the place was blocked off for a wedding so I didn't get to walk through the rose garden like I enjoy doing. It was very poor planning on their part. Plus half the normal activities for kids were not there. We spent nearly $40 and spent maybe only 45 minutes there and that includes the time we ate.

After the Scarecrow Festival we went down to the riverfront to watch the airshow. Again we were sadly disappointed as it now where reached the level it did last year and there were several very bored children for all the parents around us which made for very miserable adults. I'm not trying to poo poo everything that day it just was hyped up very much and then it was such a poor display with anywhere from 20-30 minutes in between planes coming into the area, no announcer this year... nothing. The playground at the park was even broke too so they had one of the slides all boarded up.


Quite literally the parachuters were the ones that really got the crowd excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment